Xurkis Arc {HomeStuck OC BG}

Xurkis was young when it happened. When the world was cruel to him, cornering him to kill his lusus to prove himself. That was a crime, a serious crime. He had to escape. He was only so far when they found him. They beat him and left him on the ground for dead.

Thats when he heard it. The longing whispers of the wary shadow of his, the one that followed him everywhere and protected him often; though he'd never noticed it.

'Call my name.' The words of the shadows were unheard to the trolls who had began walking away.

Xurkis grit his teeth, grabbing at his wound, where dark yellow blood seeped onto the dirt ground. In pain. So much pain.

'Call my name.' Again the echo's of the shadows called, their voices sweeping around the darkening clearing.

Xurkis looked around frantically, unsure of where their voices were coming from. He didn't realize.

"Who's there?!" He called, his voice cracking. He was bleeding out, but what would that matter to him, when he wanted to die full of strength and dignity.

'You know us, call us forth.' Was the reply.

It suddenly clicked to him, as if a robotic reply, he choked it out in panic.

"Mora!"

The shadows around the clearing seemed to slither to him, only making the dry leaves on the ground rustle ever so slightly.

The only noises coming from the clearing was Xurkis' grunt from pushing himself up into a sitting position, no matter how much his body protested in pain. The shadow's hissing and crackling of leafs as they ran over the dry surface.

"Mora!" Xurkis roared, causing the shadows to hurry faster to the young troll.

'Do you know the terms of the contract?' They whispered around.

"Yes." It was a robotic response. He wasn't sure why he had suddenly responded, when in reality his conscious self had no idea at all.

'Do you accept?'

"Yes."

Again it was robotic and Xurkis' eyes widened in shock, he would have grabbed at his mouth to silence himself, but he was busy, keeping himself up and holding his bleeding wound.

The shadows seemed to seep into his wound, into his bloodstream. Xurkis cried out and passed out from the pain. The shadows took the price (eating his heart) and closed up the wound, keeping their newly found host from dying on them.

"It is nice doing business with you, Quoura." The voice came from Xurkis' body, but it was not his own. It seemed distorted and dark. Xurkis stood up, dusting himself off, his mouth in a wicked twisted grin, and the small flip of hair curling softly upwards, the other side clipped down. His dark eyes were a pure dark void, as the shadows took over his body for the moment.

The trolls that had left Xurkis to die, were returning into the clearing, grinning widely to another as they spoke of violence and gore, one paused, looking to Xurkis' standing body.

"You!" One of the trolls yelled, pointing to Xurkis. "I thought we killed you already!" He cried angrily, seeming very upset at the fact Xurkis wasn't dead.

"You tried to kill me?" The voice was again, distorted and dark. The trolls shivered at the intensity of hatred and evil in his voice.

"W-well we.. uh.." A troll stuttered out in shock.

"I ASKED YOU A QUESTION." He roared, causing them all to stiffen up like deers in the headlights.

"C-C'mon guys.. Xur snapped! Lets get out of here.." One of the smaller trolls mumbled, pulling at the largest's hem shirt.

"That's right. Listen to your comrade, get out before I make sure your blood is everywhere but on me." Xurkis growled, causing the smaller one to step back, as the biggest stepped forwards.

"You want to fight me?" He scoffed.

Xurkis grinned sadistically before bringing his hand up and pointing. In a matter of seconds; an arm flew to one way, half of his head on the ground, the other somewhere in the forest. Blood splattered onto the younger troll's face. It was quiet for what seemed like a long while.

"Y-YOU KILLED HIM!" The young one screamed, tears coming from the corner of his eyes.

Xurkis grinned sadistically again. "Would you like to join him?" The younger one stepped back and ran into the forest, away from the clearing, terrified.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

He was exiled, since so many failed attempts of death. Xurkis never was able to find a job, and found himself stealing. Going from food to pocket books, to banks and treasures, and eventually. To everything. He became a world re-known theif.

Bark.

And that is my story of Xurkis Quoura, Vexzin's Ancestor.