What Happens In Vegas #7

She looked at him expectantly and he started,"That is a contract".

She raised an eyebrow,"I can see that. What for?".

"For this marriage of course. We have a deal. Two months and then we get a divorce. And I'm keeping my word to you. This is just assurance to both of us. If one of us backs out then the other can sue them",Rikkard explained as he continued his cooking.

Lilly smiled mischievously. It would be fun to sue his arse. But a part of her hurt for some reason.

She knew this was coming so why did it hurt.

"Aren't you going to sign it?",Rikkard asked pointing at the contract.

"Oh yeah",she said as she grabbed a pen from his briefcase resting on the counter and hesitated as she stared at the documents in front of her.

This was it. This contract would make it all too real. It would seal their fate in stone making it impossible to back out.

She took a deep breath as she signed under her name and handed the papers and pen to Rikkard motioning for him to do the same.

Before taking the pen Rikkard carefully looked at Lilly and noticed her guarded expression.

He had almost forgotten about the contract.The contract he had specifically asked his attorney to prepare the very day they found out they were married.

"Well?. What are you waiting for?",she asked thrusting the pen into his hand.

What was he waiting for?. For her to stop him?. Why would he?. Could it be possible that he had grown accustomed to their current situation.

No. It couldn't be.

He clenched his jaw as he signed on the papers and stuffed them in his briefcase before turning back to his task of making dinner.

Without another word,Lilly began helping him in making dinner.

Dinner passed in silence with occasional glances toward each other.

After bidding goodnight Lilly jogged back upstairs and slid into bed. Her heart heavy as she stared up at the plain ceiling not sleepy in the slightest.

A while later she heard a few noises from Rikkard's room in front of her. Like he was muttering in his sleep.

She stood up and walked to his room.

There he was lying on his bed. Moving uneasily as though he was having a nightmare.

His face coated in sweat and his eyes snapped shut as he breathed heavily muttering,"No..no...father....Please don't. No!".

He shot up as he clutched the sheets looking around.

The nightmares. He occasionally got nightmares about his childhood. Obviously with Robert Ambrose as his father his childhood wasn't the happiest.

Lilly rushed to his side and grabbed the bottle from the nightstand and handed it to him watching as he chugged the whole thing down.

"Are you okay?",she asked and he nodded.

"I apologize if I disturbed you",he said stiffly and she shook her head.

"No you didn't. I..um..was already awake. Couldn't sleep",she said sheepishly as she placed the empty bottle down on the nightstand.

She was about to turn around and leave when she noticed the uneasiness clear in his eyes and stopped.

"You know um...my room is really dusty and I didn't get a chance to clean it earlier. I get really sneezy at night so I was wondering if I could sleep here",she lied smoothly knowing he needed someone with him.