13 Reasons Why

The weather was cloudy and gloomy that particular day but Rikkard wasn't quite sure if it was just him or it was actually that somber.

Liberty High seemed oddly quiet to say the least. Normally the chatters of the cheerleaders and the hooting of the Jocks was heard even before they entered the parking lot.

It was as though the events that had occurred the week before had shaken up everyone. Lillian Linton had committed suicide. Not everyone knew Lilly. She wasn't that popular however she was a victim of quite a few rumours.

No one knew her. Not like he did. Lilly was Rikkard's friend ever since she joined Liberty High three years ago on grounds of her scholarship.

Lilly was like the ray of sunshine that could light up everyone's day. Mainly his. Everytime he had an angry spat with his dad she was the one he went to because she understood him and listened to him,no questions asked.

She was the only person whom he had let in. Although they had become slightly distant in the past year,he couldn't help but think if he hadn't distanced himself from her maybe,just maybe she would still be here.

That was a long shot though since Lilly being Lilly always listened to his troubles and consoled him but she herself never really burdened him with hers.

As he sat at his desk consumed with his thoughts,he distantly heard the teacher as she continued on about how important it was to look for signs that someone was contemplating suicide.

"Mrs.Jensen what's the point of all this?. It's been a week since she killed herself and yes it was awful but what's more awful is that we have to hear about it every single day",Cameron snapped and Mrs Jensen furrowed her eyebrows not responding for a while.

The rest of the class went on with Mrs Jensen giving them homework to write an essay about how their lives were filled with rainbows and unicorns. Yay!,right?.

Wrong.

Rikkard huffed out in irritation as he walked towards his locker. Looking across the hallway his eyes unconsciously landed on Lilly's locker which was decorated with pictures of her and a few stickers.

He frowned when he noticed two girls taking selfies with her locker. Unbelievable.

"Omg okay. What do I caption this as?",one of them asked turning to her friend who replied instantly.

"I know,how about RIP Jillian Krypton. Rest in peace".

Her friend grinned and nodded.

They both soon walked away chattering animatedly as they did and Rikkard turned towards his locker, angrily stuffing his books inside.

No one in this school had a heart. It was quite tragic really.

His entire day went on that way. Going to classes. Surviving lunch and then finally coming back home with James Carter.

"Thanks for the ride man",Rikkard said as he got out of the car and James nodded.

"Anytime dude",Rikkard gave him a small nod as he watched James drive away.

He walked towards his house but frowned when he saw a neatly wrapped box lying on the porch.

He picked it up closely examining it. He was even more suspicious of the box when he saw his name written on it.

He slid the box into his bag as he walked into the house.

Rikkard sighed as he dropped his school bag on his bed.

"Ricky is that you?",his mum called out from downstairs.

"No,it's just a burglar who has a key to the house",Rikkard replied sarcastically.

"Don't you dare use that tone with me young man. Get your butt down here after freshening up".

"How was school?",Samantha asked as she sat down next to her son who was devouring his sandwich like it was his last meal.

"School was school",Rikkard replied nonchalantly.

"You know I still can't believe Lilly committed suicide. She was such a cheerful young girl",Samantha said shooting a sympathetic smile at her son knowing Lilly was his friend.

"Yeah. Me neither",Rikkard mumbled resorting to eating his sandwich rather than continuing the conversation.

When his daily report to his mother was finished,he retreated back to his bedroom frowning when his gaze landed on his bag remembering the box.

He took the box out placing it on his bed as he dug around in his nightstand for scissors. He took the scissors cutting open the wrapping on the box.

He opened the box feeling slightly confused when he saw a series of tapes neatly placed in order.

He took out the tape on the end squinting his eyes when he saw that it was labelled 1.

What were these tapes?.

His gaze involuntarily travelled to his father's study across the hall.

There was only one way to find out,Rikkard thought as he snuck into his father's study sneaking his old Walkman into his jeans pocket thanking God as he slid into his room unnoticed.

He inserted one earphone into his ear and put on the tape labelled 1 thinking it was a tape of a few creepy songs probably a prank by one of the Jocks.

But nothing could have prepared him for what was actually on the tapes.

"Hey. This is Lilly. Lillian Linton",he knew that voice. It was her not some person playing a prank on him.

"Oh shit",he whispered as he visibly paled.

Hey!!!
So yeah,that happened. Bet you never even imagined this collab. And btw who else is obsessed with 13 Reasons Why?. There better be a season 2 after all those cliffhangers in season 1. Lemme know if you liked it and if this should be a series.