Fifty Shades Of Ambrose #15

"Yes",Lilly said out of the blue as they were driving back to her apartment.

"Yes what?",Rikkard asked confusedly.

"Yes I'll move in with you".

Rikkard smiled,"Really?".

Lilly nodded and he said,"Let's go get your stuff then".

When he stopped the car in front of her apartment complex,he got a call.

"It's alright. Take it. I'll just go get  some clothes",Lilly said and he nodded hesitantly answering his call.

Lilly walked into her apartment complex smiling at her neighbour as she passed by her.

She opened the door and slid in checking the mail she had got and placed it on the coffee table before walking into her room and grabbing some clothes and stuffing them into a duffel bag along with her toiletries. She grabbed the bag in her hand as she walked out of her room.

"Lilly. How nice it is to see you again",a voice commented and she turned around her eyes widening as she saw Daniel Dalgliesh in front of her.

She turned around about to run when a gun shot echoed in the room and the bag slipped from her hand falling onto the floor.

"Don't even think about it",he said as he clicked the gun in his hand.

"Why are you here?",she asked and he smirked.

"I'm here to kill you. You see,you mean a lot to Ambrose and killing you would bring him a lot of pain. I honestly have nothing against you other than the fact that you got me kicked out of my job. You would probably not be in this situation if you had chosen me Lilly".

His voice turned bitter,"But no. You chose him. And that hurt. More than I had expected it to".

"Daniel don't do this".

He raised the gun to her forehead,"I promise I'll make it quick and painless".

"Daniel!",Rikkard shouted from the doorway.

"Ah Rikkard. You're just in time to see your girlfriend's brains be blown out. Quite literally",Daniel chuckled.

"Leave her out of this. It's between you and me. She has no reason to be dragged into any of this".

"There is actually. I want you to suffer the same way I did and to do that,I need to kill her".

"But that would be too easy. How many months do you think it will take for me to get over her death?. Six?. Seven?. What makes you think I'll be mourning her loss till the day I die?",Rikkard said and Daniel hesitated.

"What better way to get back at me than killing me",he continued and Daniel turned to him.

"No. Rikkard!",Lilly said knowing he was trying to provoke Dalgliesh.

"Let her go",Rikkard said and Dalgliesh narrowed his eyes before nodding.

"Fine. You may go Miss Linton".

"I'm not leaving",Lilly said stubbornly.

"Lilly,for once just do as you're told. Go!",Rikkard said and Lilly flinched slightly before Dalgliesh rolled his eyes.

"Oh for crying out loud",he said as he grabbed her arm and pushed her out of the apartment and locking it.

Lilly pounded on the apartment door for a while before realising it was useless and called Karim.

She listened through the door and there was a lot of disturbance from inside the apartment along with them talking for a while.

A few moments later a loud gunshot sounded from inside the apartment and Lilly froze sinking to her knees.

It couldn't be true. He couldn't be dead.

The door opened and she raised her eyes to meet familiar blue ones and gasped bursting into tears and he helped her up and she wrapped her arms around him.

"It's okay. I'm okay",Rikkard said pulling her closer to him.

"I was so scared. I thought--I thought--",she stopped short as another sob escaped her.

They stepped aside as Karim dragged Dalgliesh's unconscious body from the apartment and Lilly turned to look at him.

"What happened?. Did he hurt you?. Are you alright?",she asked giving him a once over and he nodded kissing her forehead.

"I'm alright. Are you?",he said as he led her back into his car.

She nodded weakly as she leaned against him.

When they started driving back to his house,he turned to his side and smiled as he saw her asleep.

That was the moment when he realised that there was no one else he wanted to spend his life with other than Lillian Linton.