Fifty Shades Of Ambrose #10

Lilly sighed as she walked into the building in front of her. It had been a week into her new job as an editor.

The job was good and the pay was more as well but the only problem was that it was a little too far from her apartment with her best friends.

So instead of traveling back and forth she had bought an apartment from her savings a little closer to her workplace.

"Good morning Miss Linton",Emma greeted Lilly as she looked up from her computer.

Lilly smiled at Emma,"Good morning".

She clutched her cup of coffee in her hand as she made her way to her cabin. Her assistant,Felicia handed her a few manuscripts to review and Lilly thanked her as she sat down on her chair and took a sip of her coffee.

She began scrolling through her emails when she landed on her old ones from when she was his assistant.

She immediately deleted the email. She didn't need any reminder of him to disturb her life which was running smoothly.

She gritted her teeth,she would not think about him. Not anymore. Lilly picked up a manuscript and started reading in hopes of getting her mind off him.

* * * *

"Mr Ambrose Sir,you have a meeting in ten minutes in the conference room. But the clients have already arrived,should I tell them to wait?",Hannah who was Mr Ambrose's new assistant said as she knocked on his office door.

"Tell them to wait",Mr Ambrose said as he continued looking at his file.

It had been exactly ten days,fifteen hours,thirty minutes and forty seconds since Lilly had left. Since he made her leave.

He still remembered the way she had looked at him. Her eyes filled with tears which showed him how much he had hurt her.

He still remembered the way his heart had stopped beating when she left. His heart telling him to stop her while his mind told him to let her go. That he would only ever hurt her. She would never really be safe or happy with him.

"Mr Ambrose?. It's time for the meeting",Hannah reminded him and he snapped put of his reverie.

"I know",he stated coldly as he got up from his chair and walked out of the door. His mind filled with the thoughts of a certain brown haired woman.

* * * *

"Lilly?. There's a charity fundraiser being held by the Blacks and I think you should probably attend",Daniel said as he smiled at her.

"Alright,if you think I should",Lilly said as she smiled slightly at him.

"I'll pick you up at six and we can go together",Daniel said and Lilly nodded.

"You're what?!",Eve shrieked on the other side of the phone and Lilly flinched slightly.

"Yeah,there's a fundraiser hosted by the Blacks tonight so I'm coming and staying the weekend".

Eve squealed excitedly and shouted,"Patsy!. Flora!. Lilly's coming!".

Lilly chuckled at her best friend and her cab stopped in front of her apartment complex.

"I'll call you back later. I need to go get ready,my boss will be here to pick me up at six".

"Ok. I can't wait to see you!",Eve said as she hung up the call.

* * * *

Mr Ambrose tapped his foot impatiently on the marble floor of his office and abruptly stood up from his seat.

He couldn't wait any longer. He had to get her back.

He grabbed his car keys and quickly walked towards his car in the parking lot.

He would get her back.

When he parked the car in front of her house,he sighed nervously.

"Ok Rikkard,you can do this",he said as he got out of the car and walked towards her house and knocked on the door.

The door opened revealing an angry brunette. Not the one he was expecting though.

"Mr Ambrose,what are you doing here?",she asked glaring at him and he gulped slightly because she looked like she was ready to kill him.

"Uh,is Lilly here?".

"No",the woman replied and Mr Ambrose sighed.

"Look,I need to talk to her".

"To hurt her even more than she already is?. I think not".

"It was a misunderstanding. I never kissed Victoria. She was the one who--. You know what,never mind. Can you let her know that I need to talk to her".

Eve nodded scrutinising Mr Ambrose for a while before asking,"Do you love her?".

He didn't answer instead avoided her gaze. Eve's eyes softened,of course he did.

"She's going to be at the fundraiser hosted by the Blacks tonight. Don't screw it up".

"Thank you",Mr Ambrose said shooting her a grateful look.

* * * *

Lilly had worn a skater dress which had not been that uncomfortable to travel in.

The whole time on the ride to the fundraiser,she kept discussing some manuscripts she had found interesting and her boss just nodded along secretly ogling her.

When they finally got to the fundraiser,they were greeted by Thomas Black.

A little into the fundraiser Lilly felt hungry and excused herself to the snacks table to see horror.

There was salad!. At the snacks table!.
Who on earth considered salad as snacks?!. Besides that there were crab puffs but she hated sea food so she passed on it.

Sighing she went back to the table where Mr Dalgliesh was talking with his friends.

"Sir,if there is no need for me to be here anymore. Can I leave?. I'm just really exhausted",Lilly said and Mr Dalgliesh frowned slightly.

"Are you feeling alright?".

Lilly nodded,"Alright. If you want you can leave Miss Linton".

"Thank you Mr Dalgliesh",she said and began walking out.

As she walked towards the door,her phone buzzed signalling a text and she opened her phone to see the text when she bumped into a hard chest.

"I'm so sorry",Lilly said brushing off her dress.

"It's alright",she froze and rose her eyes to meet familiar blue ones.

"Rikkard",she breathed out.

"Lillian",he said as he gave her a small smile.