Opposites Attract (PrimxCato)

Disclaimer: This story is inspired by @Elaineruth08 and her book 'Yours'

Enjoy!

Prim's POV

As I run for my life through the bushed and covered forest I hear the footsteps of a career chasing me. I run further and  further until I trip and twist my ankle. A sadistic grin spread across the career's face and he pulls out a sword and holds it to my neck. I try to wriggle out of  his grasp but it's no use.
"Primrose Everdeen, District 12, right?" He laughs maniacally.                                                                                  
"Please don't kill me." I plead and whimper .                                                                                                              
He laughs more and then plunges the sword deep into my heart as I wake up.

***

I sob as my older sister, Katniss comforts me. It's reaping day today and the boy career haunts my thoughts as I shake. "Will you sing for me?" I ask Katniss.                                                                                                                            
"Of course." She smiles.                                                                                                                                                                  

"Deep in the meadow, under the willow.

A bed of grass, a soft green pillow.

Lay down your head, and close your eyes.

And when they open, the sun will rise.

Here it's safe, and here it's warm.

Here the daisies guard you from every harm.

Here your dreams are sweet, and tomorrow brings them true.

Here is the place where I love you.

Deep in the meadow, hidden far away.

A cloak of green, a moon beam ray.

Forget your woes, and let your troubles lay.

And when again it's morning, they'll wash away.

Here it's safe, and here it's warm.

Here the daisies guard you from every harm.

Here your dreams are sweet, and tomorrow brings them true.

Here is the place where I love you." She finishes.

"Well, I gotta go." She says.                                                                                                                                                             "Where?"                                                                                                                                                                                                    "You know where." As she stands up and leaves.

As I wait for Katniss to come back from the woods, Mom pulls out Katniss' old reaping dress for me to wear. So I have a bath (which is rare since it takes ages to boil the water) and put on the dress. But still I can't get the nightmare I had out of my mind. My thoughts wonder to the boy though I've never seen him before. I shiver as I go out side to feed and milk my goat, Lady. I wait for a while until Katniss comes back while her arms full of fish and strawberries. She sees me in her old reaping dress.