Chapter 22: Founder's Day

Depuis le début

She then turns back to Stefan, "Stefan there are enough problems with the family than there already is. Jeremy hates me, I mean why wouldn't he. Our journals gave him every reason to be angry with us, me the most." Samathea states and Elena comforts her. "He's just hurt, he's confused," Stefan tells her as she gently grips onto Elena's arm. "He's never going to forgive me for Vicki, for lying to him, for taking away his memories," Samathea states loosing hope.

"Hey, he's your brother, he'll forgive you." Stefan tells her, making her look at him, "Just give him some time." he tells her, she sighs and Stefan pulls her into his arms and gave her a comforting hug, one that was well needed.

~8~8~8~

Then the parade started, "Let give a had to the Mystic Falls marching band." Mrs. Lockwood and everyone applause for them. "And for a little local history, Mister Saltzman's students have recreated Virginia's Battle of Willow Creek," she states as the float of the soldiers glides pass them.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome our stunning Miss Mystic Falls four and their handsome escorts and honoring their presence is Last years Miss Mystic Falls, Samathea Gilbert." Carol states through the microphone, the girls smile and waves at the people, Samathea sat down in front of them on a comfortable small stool, smiles, and waves at them, "This is Caroline Forbes, Miss Mystic Falls." Carol states, presenting the new Miss Mystic Falls. "Aren't they beautiful?" Carol states. Samathea spots Bonnie in the crowd and waves at her, but then Damon steps into and waves at her, she lowers her hand and looks up at Stefan and Elena.

They look down at her and back at him, Samathea shook her head, smiling to herself. And waves at the people that were waving at them, then Damon looks at Bonnie. "What do you want?" Bonnie demands of him, "Just watching the parade." he tells her, Bonnie sighs, turns and started to leave. "Where are you going?" Damon asks her, "Away from you." she answers and he walks up to her. "I want to say something to you." Damon tells her, "Just leave me alone." she tells him, "Thank you." Damon tells her, making Bonnie go quietly. "The device that Emily spelled could have killed me. I don't take what you did lightly, so... thank you." Damon tells her.

"I did it for Elena and Samathea." Bonnie tells him, he nods at her, "I know that, but I'm still very grateful." Damon tells her, she blinks a little. "And... I owe you," he adds, she looks into his eyes, seeing that he was not joking. "Enjoy the parade," he tells her and walks off.

~8~8~8~

After the parade was over, Samathea and Elena dress back into comfortable clothing, Elena hung out with Stefan as Samathea walks into the Grill, Damon eyes her as was wearing regular clothing and her curly hair was now in a ponytail and the rose was still clip on the left side of her head.

As she walks into Grill and Damon stands in her path, "I like you better like this, period-era look... not your thing." Damon states she look at him, "Is that an insult?" she questions him, "Actually Sammy, that is a compliment of the highest order." Damon tells her, she nods at him. "Who's blackmailing you, is it Elena? Stefan?" she playfully questions him, "Hahaha, you're hilarious." he states, Samathea smiles a bit and crosses her arms, "Um... speaking of Stefan, I know he is worried about our friendship..." she starts, "Did he mentions something to you too?" Damon asks her with a smirk and she looks at him a little confused, "No, why did he mention something to you?" she asks him, "No. nothing worth repeating." he answers, she sighs and brushes a strain behind her ear.

"So I think you should tone it down a notch with them... flirty compliments and that eye thing that you do," she tells him. He looks at her, playing dumb. "What eye thing?" he asks her, doing his infamous smirk and eye look. She frowns at him, not impressed. He then hums to himself. Samathea then pokes him in the chest, "Please don't make me regret being your friend." she tells him, the smile falls from his face as he sees that she really didn't want to regret being his friend, he sighs and nods at her. "Okay," she mumbles and looks over, seeing Jeremy was eating alone.