Chapter 15: A Few Good Men

Elena sat on the bench swing as Samathea sat in the railing, both wearing their winter clothing and both have their dairies in their laps, but Samathea just looks out into the opening in front of her as Elena called Bonnie for the fiftieth time, "Hey Bonnie, it's me just checking in seeing how you're doing, we miss you here, don't let your aunt drive you too crazy. Come home soon, love you." Elena states and hits end as Jenna walks up the stairs.

"What are you two doing here, it's freezing." Jenna tells them, "Thinking." Samathea answers. "Writing." Elena then answers, "The funeral for Bonnie's grandma brought back a lot about mum and dad." Elena states, then Samathea turns to her, "I was wondering you said you were going to do some digging." Samathea states. "Right." Jenna nods, "So did you do any digging?" Elena asks her, "Come on inside." she tells them, they both got up and follow after her.

~8~8~8~

"Your father kept everything from his medical practice, records, logs old appointment books." she tells them as she sat in front of a computer with a green notebook in her hand, "I found an entry from the night you two were born, a patient and a birth date, Isabelle Peterson," she tells him as the look over to see. "Do you think that's her real name?" Elena asks her, "Pregnant teenage runaway, probably not, the first name maybe." she said, setting the book down.

"But where did she get Peterson, classmate, best friend? So I Bing it. I search through all the Petersons' in this area born as the same year as Isabelle, 2 men, and a woman. Trudie, who lived in Grove hill Virginia." she informs them, "That's no far from here." Samathea states. "Well watch this." she types in a few keys then pulled up a picture of the high school pics, then enlarge. Samathea scuffs with a smile. "Isobel," she states, they look at the picture. "She was a cheerleader." Elena states and they all laugh a little.

"Trudie still lives there, this is your address." she handed Elena the card, "What about Isabelle?" she asks her, "I... couldn't find anything about her." she tells them, Samathea then took a seat and read through the logs, Elena looks over her shoulder and Jenna looks at them, "Listen there is something, Mr. Saltzmen, Ric. His wife was from around here and her name was also Isobel." she tells them. They look at her confused. "Wait was as in..." Samathea starts.

"She died," Jenna tells them, Samathea gasp and Elena grips her shoulder.

~8~8~8~

Alaric's wife might have been your mother?" Stefan ask them as Elena place her clothing that Samathea held out to her, "It can't be true right, I mean the coincidence alone is crazy, right?" Elena states, then she turns to Stefan and shows him the slip of paper, "I have the address for her friend Trudie." she tells him, "You want to talk to her?" he asks them. "I don't know, I... don't know." Elena said, walking pass Stefan and hung up her jacket as Samathea leans against the dresser."But if it's true and they are the same person, that means our birth mother is dead and I'm not sure if you can handle that." Elena tells him, Samathea pushes off the dresser and stood by Elena.

"Elena, did Jenna tell you two about how Alaric's wife, how she died?" Stefan asks her, Samathea shrugs her shoulder. "Just as she was killed and the case was never solved." Elena tells him, Stefan nods his head, "But you already knew that, didn't you?" Samathea asks him, Stefan looks at her then back at Elena. "The night at the school when he attacks me, he told me some things about her death," he states. "Well..." Elena starts, but Stefan grabs her hands, "No, no, it's not possible the coincidence it's too much." he tells them, Elena and Samathea nod their heads. "Listen if you two decide to go, talk to Isabelle's friends, I'll come with you," Stefan tells them. Elena just sighs as Samathea ran her hand over her wavy hair.