Chapter Fifteen

Mulai dari awal

Trinity snorted. "Did you here that?"

Julian grumbled, "Yeah."

"Gonna come over then?"

"I don't know, do I have to?"

She sighed. "No, but it would make me really happy."

He gave a low groan. "Don't play that card."

"It's not a card, I'm being serious. "

He groaned again and mumbled a quiet 'alright'.

She smiled happily, "It means a lot that you're going to do this. I just want both of my best friends to get along. Thank you Julian."

On the other side of the conversation, Julian had a grin on his face despite the slight annoyance he felt.

"No problem, darling. I'll see you soon."

"See ya soon, baby boy."

She hung up and stared at the ceiling with a dopey look in her eyes.

A pillow came flying from the couch and smacked her in the face.

Skylar didn't even look as she mumbled, "You two are too fucking cute, Jesus Christ."

Skylar eventually woke herself up enough to get ready. They had agreed on going to a teen club downtown. It wasn't really a club, it just had live music and a small dance floor, but the food was great and that's all the two girls cared about. Skylar drove herself and Trinity to the club around five pm after Trinity let Julian know where he should meet them.

They arrived and managed to get a table even though the place was nearly full. Trinity knew it would be a few more minutes before Julian got there and she wanted to take the chance to make sure Skylar was on her best behavior.

"Look, I know you're not going to change how you are to impress Julian, just... please, be nice. He's important."

Skylar watched her friend with knowing eyes. "You're so into him."

Trinity dropped her head and didn't respond.

Skylar reached out and grabbed her hand tightly. "I'll be civil. Don't worry."

As the last words escaped her mouth, Julian came into her view. She nudged Trin's foot with her own. "Perk up, hottie coming in t minus three seconds."

Trinity lifted her head just as Julian reached their table. He nodded at Skylar and moved into the seat next to Trinity, leaning into to kiss her cheek. "Hi."

She smiled tightly him. "Hello."

He leaned back and gave her a questioning look. "You alright?"

She nodded, "Mhm."

He continued to stare at her. She coughed into her hand and averted her eyes. "Well, this is sufficiently awkward. I'm going to get something to drink. You both want cokes? Yeah? Cool. "

She pushed Julian out of the booth and went up to the bar to order and wait for their drinks.

Skylar stared at Julian while he stared down at his hands.

He could feel her looking at him and it was beginning to make him uncomfortable.

He glanced up. "Need something?"

She tilted her head slightly. "No, but Trinity does. She needs you, and as much as you may not like it, she needs me too."

His eyes searched hers and he saw a knowing look stored there. "What's wrong with her?"