I didn't care where she was, honestly. I was supposed to get her punch, but after I saw Jordan it had slipped my mind. All I cared about was how I wanted to hold Jordan and apologize for everything.

I looked away from her when my face began heating up. She couldn't see me blush. Not now. "Talking to some of her friends."

"Good for her," was all Jordan said, keeping the sour look on her face. "Now if you excuse me, I need to get back to my date. Guess I'll see you later, Jacobsen. Have fun with Aimee."

Even though the words coming out of Jordan's mouth were bitter, I wanted her to keep talking to me. I loved hearing her talk. But it seemed we wanted different things because she had finished speaking. She walked right by me, purposely brushing her shoulder against mine.

I wanted to stop her from walking any further. I wanted to grab her and hold her and tell her everything I've been keeping inside these past four years. But, I didn't. And soon enough, she'd be back to the junior who would never love her like I could.

This night could've been perfect, but I had to fuck it up. It seems like I always do.

"Come on, Jesse, let's keep dancing," the thin voice spoke to me as I made my way back toward her. I didn't get Aimee a drink, but she didn't care. Instead, she grabbed onto my hand and lead me toward the middle of the dance floor, right where we were before.

A slow song was playing. Her arms went around my neck and they never moved. After it had ended, I wanted to get as far away from her as possible, but she kept her arms locked around my neck. I was looking around for Jordan the entire time, but I couldn't find her. Maybe she didn't want to dance with Pete? She wasn't exactly the dancing type, but I felt that there was probably a reason with more depth other than her just not wanting to dance.

It wasn't long until I found her dancing. Her arms were around someone too tall and broad to be Pete. It didn't take a genius to figure out who that was.

He turned around, and I could see Dallas' face clearly. What a surprise it was him with his arms around Jordan. It took a second, but I noticed she was wiping at her eyes as tears began building up in them. I didn't know why she was crying, but I hated the fact that Dallas was the one comforting her instead of me.

I couldn't hear their conversation, even though it was the only thing I was focused on. They were too far away for me to make anything out clearly. I was sure I heard them say something about Pete, but I couldn't be sure. My hand wrapped around Aimee's wrist as I pulled her closer, just to hear what they were saying.

"Jordan..." Dallas said to her in a comforting voice. "I want to tell you something that I should have told you a long time ago."

"What?" Jordan asked, uncertain. I was just as interested as she was, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to know what he was going to say. Jordan had seen me out of the corner of her eye, I was sure, but she didn't glare at me once.

Dallas smiled broadly at her. "I love you, Jordan."

I went completely rigid. Aimee gave me a look, but I ignored her. Every single nerve in my body shut down. I couldn't feel anything. I had suspected it for so long, but actually hearing the words was a different story. My heart was beating so loudly, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to hear her response.

But I did, and it killed me.

"I love you, too."

I was finished. I refused to stand in the middle of a dance floor full of flirty girls and guys hoping to get laid. I didn't want to stay there the rest of the night while the girl I loved and cared for more than anything just admitted she loved some other guy again. This entire night should've been different. Those words shouldn't have been exchanged. I should've come here with Jordan. Me.