Chapter 9 - I need waffles!

Start from the beginning

Lion was here now with Nolan and I mind thinking with Aden as Nolan spoke to me soothing my fears. "They won't hurt you Aden won't let them. He'll rip their heads off before they could even think of touching you."

"I believe he could do that but he doesn't care about me enough to do that," I frowned looking down at my hands thinking of the red hair girl I saw him with yesterday. Her hair was definitely fake that is for sure. At least my hair is real...I am real.

"He will care for you," Nolan lifted my head up to meet his fatherly eyes, "I promise you he will."

I stared at Nolan wanting to tell him he was wrong but Lion butted in, "Aden said it's time we go down, he is worried people will start to leave if he drags the pack meeting any longer than it already is."

Taking a deep breath I straighten my posture trying to feel stronger but deep down my wolf has her tail in between her legs and my emotions were pretty much identical to hers. The only difference with my wolf and I was I had to look stronger than I was and not cower like her. I will not be weak in front of the biggest warrior pack in the world.

"Let's go," I wanted my voice to be strong but it came out more weak and shaky. I made a quick mental note not to talk at the pack meeting because it would be my downfall.

"Are you sure?" Nolan asked worried, "you don't look ready to go-"

"I'll be fine," I cut Nolan off pushing past him heading for the door to leave. I needed to get this over and done with or it'll never happen.  I won't let my fear win.

Walking out of the doors of my room Nolan stood next to me while we followed Lion. I kept my shaky hands to my sides trying so hard to stand tall but I felt like someone could easily just touch me and I would fall over. I wanted to cower and cry all day but I wasn't going to let myself be like my wolf.

As we walked down the hall to the stairs I couldn't help but stiffen at the thought of seeing someone on the way to the meeting which is stupid since most of everyone was at the meeting. On top of that, I was scared of seeing someone while walking to meet everyone. What the fuck is wrong with my logic.

Once we were down the stairs we walked to the residential wing side taking many turns until we made it to big double doors. I stiffened at the strong smell of werewolf and human strangers. I calmed down slightly once I smelt Aden's sweet smokey scent reach my nose. Aden won't let his pack hurt me.

I hope.

I felt hands go around my right arm so I looked up to see Nolan looking down to me. I thanked him for the support with my eyes and just stood there staring at the door taking in deep steady breaths.

When I visibly relaxed Lion took that as a sign to slowly open the big double doors. As the doors opened everyone in the room became quiet probably watching the door to see who was going to enter. The thought of all those people staring at the doors made me stiffen again. Thanks to Nolan he rubbed my arm up and down while holding me up.

One last breath we walked in. I was so tense as we walked making sure not to look at anyone while I walked down the middle of the whole pack. Everyone was so quiet and all I wanted to do is fall to the floor and scream with fear. I so badly wanted to just cry.

With that thought, I looked up to see Aden looking at me with so much emotion which none of it was negative. He seemed proud.

His face melted my heart making everyone in the room seem so insignificant. All the bad he did since meeting him all seemed to wash away when I looked at him. He made me feel like we were the only two people in the world. All I wanted to do is run into his arms and let him take all my fears away. I wanted him to feel what I felt when I saw him at this very moment.