CHAPTER TWO*

IMANI WAS GETTING ready for her first day at school, debating whether to choose the yellow skirt, or the red skirt.
the yellow was her favourite skirt out of her whole (and limited) wardrobe — but the red skirt seemed more in trend.

eventually going with the yellow skirt, as well as a white button up shirt and her leather satchel — imani trudged down the stairs, the stairs creaking with every step, eyes almost glued shut from exhaustion.

"did you get any sleep imani ??" wanda gasped, taking her nieces face in her hands, "get off" grumbled imani, as she moodily sat down in her seat, "you should be excited, a new school, and i saw potential boyfriend material" wanda teased, which made imani snort into her eggs, making the older woman wrinkle her nose in disgust.

"i'm late !!, shit fuck" imani screeched, knocking the wooden chair backwards and onto the ground at her haste for the door.

"wait, remember why we're here doll face" wanda said seriously, and imani froze in her tracks — feeling the familiar wave of despair wash over her.
"of course" imani nodded, then gave a hurried kiss goodbye to her worried aunt — and made the short journey to her new school.

she finally arrived at the medium sized building, and only when she got off her bike — did she notice how sweaty her hands had become, and she wiped her hands on her skirt, adjusted her satchel for the third time, and then she walked inside the strangely daunting building — pushing aside her dread, she found her locker and then flushed in embarrassment when she realised she couldn't open the lock.

"n-need some h-help ??" an unfamiliar voice asked, making imani whirl around in surprise.
the boy was cute, with brown hair that seemed soft, warm brown eyes and a shy smile plastered on his face.

"uh yeah thanks, i'd like that" she smiled gratefully, and watched with a strange fascination at the way his hands seemed fluent in a skill that everyone except her knew, and then she directed her eyes away from his cute face — and took in the remaining boys (and girl).

a boy with short cropped blonde hair, was chattering away about germs with a brown haired boy — wearing a pack around his waist.

then there was a curly brown haired boy, wearing glasses — as he was having a pun war with a curly red head girl wearing a dark green sweater.

she turned back to face the boy again, as he busted open her locker.

"t-there" he stuttered and imani gave him a brief smile, wrinkling her nose when the brunet boy with the glasses started talking again ("yeah june, my wong got trapped in my zipper").

"i-i'm bill, those two idiots are richie and june, and they're eddie and stan" he smiled holding out his hand for her to shake.

imani shook bill's hand, and he gave her a wry smile before giving her a salute and went off with his friends.

imani was slightly disappointed, when the boys started walking away from her.

june turned around so suddenly, her red curls flying in every direction and some landed in eddie's mouth — causing him to choke.

"aren't you coming ??" she asked with a bright smile, ignoring the silly faces made by richie.
"uh" imani started, looking at everyones faces — seeing if anyone objected to her presence.

"okay" she smiled, and june squealed skipping over to her and dragging her over to the boys.

"we're going to wank at the quarry after school, wanna join us ??" richie smirked, wiggling his eyebrows and screaming as bill swiftly elbowed him.

"what he means i-is, wanna come swim ??" bill asked, and imani grinned.
"thought you'd never ask".