CHAPTER THREE*

THE BIRDS CHIRPED in the trees above, clear blue skies decorated with fluffy white clouds — and the gentle rushing of water hitting rocks.

awkwardly, the group of seven stood on the edge of a massive waterfall — all in their bathing suits, peering into the foaming waters below.
imani had never seen anything quite as beautiful as this, and she glanced at all the new friends she had made in a matter of a few minutes.

with eddie in his too long trunks and a rashie, richie and stan wearing nothing but their boxers, bill and ben were also shirtless — june was wearing her navy blue bikini and imani was only wearing her bra.

"hey uh guys, i'm gonna go set up our towels and shit okay ??" imani said, and received a couple of yes' in reply, june even offered to go with her — but imani said she would be fine.

imani left the area, and wandered over to where their bikes were propped up, and picked up a couple of the boys bags.

rustling in the brush made her freeze in her tracks, hand instinctively reached down to her waist — until she realised her knife sheath was gone.

growling, and a pair of bright yellow eyes glared at her from the brush — and the figure of a werewolf stalked towards her on all four legs.

she let out a small scream as the wolf pounced on her, and her knees and palms scraped against the gravel — and then the wolf disappeared, only to be replaced by a ginger girl stopping her bike next to imani.

"you okay ??" the girl asked, and imani recognised the voice as beverly marsh's.

"i uhm, y-yeah i'm okay" imani swallowed, looking into the brush once more — seeing nothing.

"you sure, you look as scared as eddie did when he walked in on richie touching himself" and that made imani burst into hysterics, and forgot about the wolf-man.

imani walked back over to the boys, where they were bickering loudly with june.

"-whose going first ??" eddie asked, a little shrilly.

"we'll go" beverly smiled and she ran past everyone and into the waters below — closely followed by a whopping june and an all too enthusiastic imani.

"dude we just got showed up by three girls" eddie exclaimed, turning to the others in shock.
"the waters nice" beverly yelled up to them, and shrugging — the boys all followed the girls examples, they all jumped in — with eddie and ben shrieking like girls the whole way down.

richie, beverly, bill and imani had a chicken fight — with imani on bill's shoulders, and beverly on richie's

beverly knocked imani off bill and into the water, and imani let the gentle currents of the water drift her until she was next to bill.

the two started at each other, smiling stupidly until ben discovered something interesting and dragged them all out of the water, and onto the cliff once more.

_____

music playing in the background, imani and beverly were drying off on their towels in the sun.

the boys stared at them, with june smirking at the awed expressions on the boys faces, until beverly turned and the boys averted their gazes.

"-that's just the adults, the kids are worse, much worse" imani heard ben say, before she drifted off to sleep.