Chapter 10

Sarah's POV

   I couldn't stop thinking about the moment his skin touched my arm. A thousand electric currents passed through my arm, and I could've sworn he blushed. I could feel his defined abs. His shirt was soaked with my blood and my arm hurt like crazy, but the moment our skin touched, there was only numbness.

  The moment I stepped into the house, however, my mother came screaming out of the kitchen. Apparently she got a call from the school. No, she definitely did.

  "Oh baby I'm glad you're all right!" she exclaimed as she hugged me tightly. I loved Mum, but sometimes she could be a tad bit too over-reactive. "Is it dangerous there? Do you want to switch schools?"

   "Oh Mum, it's just a little cut that's all," I said, lying to make sure my mother doesn't go bonkers. Because frankly, that 'cut' was so deep I could  practically see a jagged crevice running through my flesh. One time, when I was six years old, I got badly burned on my foot, and that pain was like nothing I've ever felt before. So this wasn't an I'm-going-to-die pain, but instead, just pain that makes you want to pull your hair out.

  Yeah, not a very nice thing to think about. I quickly brushed my mother off, telling her I was alright, and hurried to my room. I pulled out my phone and saw that Tania and Scott had messaged me.

-Text message from Tania-

 Tania: Wht happened to u chicka?? I'll kill that bitch if its the last thing I do! Call me.

-Text message from Scott-

Scott: I heard about your incident. Call me asap.

  I called both of them, explaining everything, and they both, surprisingly, threatened to punch the living daylights of Jessica.

  "Oh you wouldn't hurt a girl would you?" I asked Scott, laughing a little.

  "But she hurt you!" Scott said helplessly. "You can't expect me to just act like nothing happened. I have to at least... Threaten her."

  "Don't, you'll make matters worse. She'll be feeling all hate for me and the next thing you know I'm found dead in one of the toilets."

  "Fine," Scott mumbled. I could hear him trying to restrain his anger.

  "If you don't touch her, how 'bout we have a break at Starbucks after school on Thursday?" I said.

  "Sure!" his voice pipes up, sounding excited. I put down the call and leaned against my headrest. I sighed. Why was high school so dramatic? I wished I could go back... No wait, no, I told my brain. But it was too late. All the horrible memories, all those pain I kept bottled up and sealed in a tiny bottle in my head came rushing back.

   -FLASHBACK-

  "Babe please, I was drunk!" Anthony said, gripping my wrist. "I didn't mean it, I love you."

  "Lies! Excuses!" I screamed in his face, ripping my hand free. "It wasn't just one hook up! I read all your messages! Ten girls! You cheated on me with ten girls and who knows how many more!" Tears rolled down my cheeks as I took out all my anger and pain on him. I loved him so, so much. How could he do this to me?

  "Look baby, I really didn't mean it, forgive me please?" he tried to do his puppy dog eyes, the ones I loved seeing, but the sight of his face just makes me want to slap him. "I'll make it up to you, I promise!"

  "If you can do it ten times or more, you can do it again." I stopped crying and looked him dead in the eyes. My eyes narrowed and I could practically feel my imaginary laser beam cut into his eyes. He wobbled, with a frightened look on his face, and took off running. Wimp. But just because I was angry with him didn't mean I just forgot about every thing that happened.