Chapter 4

Adam's POV

Last friday night was crazy. Even though Colin's my friend, he should not have taken advantage of her like that. Sarah I mean. It was awkward meeting him today, he was all shifty and saying sorry. He claimed that he was drunk, but he didn't look so drunk to me.

  "Hey man, I'm really sorry about that," Colin said, beside me.

  "Don't apologize to me! Apologize to her," I muttered. Why on earth would he come and say sorry to me?

  "But... It'll be super weird... I don't want to..."

  "Don't be such a wimp. You did wrong, now apologize."

  "Okay, I-" He cut off when Sarah passed by, shooting glares at him. He gulped. "Well she-"

 I prodded him with my finger and he went off, looking very flustered. I watched him apologize to her, she said it was alright but had a defensive look on her face. Of course she wouldn't forgive Colin that easily. He came back, looking all proud and everything.

  "Yeah I did it man! Do you think I can ask her out now?"

  I whacked him on the head with my book.

  "Ow! Okay, I won't," he shrugged. "Why the heck are you so protective anyway? It's not like you like her... Do you? Eh?"

  "I don't like anyone," I shot back. "Don't be stupid. By the way, no parties this friday, just on the weekend."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  It was monday, just when I had my baseball practice. Colin and I walked out onto the field and I spotted Sarah and her pal, Tania. What the hell were they doing there?!

   "Okay boys, tournament next week, against Kingdom High," Coach Reo shouted. "Their gonna be tough, so train hard this week!"

   "Yes sir!" Our team shouted. Great. Kingdom High? We'll never beat them.

  The practice went on and we did well. I caught all the flyballs and had eight home runs.

  "Dude, did you see Tania?" Tony, my best buddy said. "She was like, glowing there!"

  "Yeah, yeah Tony, your eyes were on her the whole freaking time!" I muttered, shooting him a glance. Tony was just another playboy, what if he hurt Tania? "I think you should just give up, don't want to hurt girls emotionally. Or physically, in any case."

  "But... But Adam, should I ask her out?" Tony's eyes widened. "What if she turned me down?"

  I laughed and said, "Tony my man, we are one of the hottest guys in school. Turn you down my foot."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    "Ouch!" Someone with golden curls landed on the floor, in front of me. Everyone in the halls were laughing, but wait... Isn't that Sarah?

   "Sarah, are you okay?" Scott's hand cut across my vision to help Sarah out before I could react. Were they together now?

  "Oof, yeah I'm fine, just a little bruised," she smiled weakly at him.

  "You okay?" I asked, not wanting to act like a jerk.

  "Yup, I gotta go now, see ya," she waved to both of us.

  "Scott, are you guys like, together now?" I asked him, he was one of my friends but not among the "playboys" group.

  "I don't know... We, well, we kissed on friday but I'm not sure..." he looked down, mumbling.

 "Do you like her?" I prompted him, desperate for more answers. Though I'm not sure why.

  "Um... Maybe not love, but I guess we can come to that later."

  "Later?! Then that's not love, ah but whatever." I had to stop.

  "Okay then, see you!" He smiled and went off. Jeez. Why had I asked so many questions?!

   Wait... Was I starting to have feelings for Sarah? No way...

Author's Note

  Okay that was a short one I'm sorry :P Wanted to change to Sarah's POV ASAP! :D You know, I'll probably won't do alternate POVs, maybe like when I feel the need to do it, then I'll do it. ;) Hope you enjoyed it, it was just a little sneak into the next chapter. Song is I'd Lie by Taylor Swift... HECK YEAH! :D Thx for reading.

  Love, Joey

   P.S. I just made a new slideshow. Sorry for the stupid cut offs, I have no idea why they do that -.- Just click on it, then enjoy! :)