There was a pause.

"Yes ma'am."

Mcgonagall looked at Fred, an unreadable expression plastered across her face.

"Get to bed."

The chairs protested loudly as they were pushed out, the twins made their way out silently.

George began pacing down a corridor to their left.

"George!" Fred called after him, "Where are you--"

"I need to see her." He replied without slowing or turning around.

"Mate, we're in enough trouble as it is." Fred argued.

George didn't stop and didn't reply, he turned into a corridor on his right that he knew would get him to the castle hospital wing fastest.

Fred sighed and watched him disappear around another bend before jogging after him.

The luminescent light of the hospital foyer came into view and George's stomach jumped in his abdomen.

He could make out faint sounds emitting from beyond the light.

George stood in front of the tall ebony door, white peeking out from under it, and pushed it open. Fred had caught up and entered behind him panting quietly.

George could see down the length of the wing, beds on either side, several hidden by curtains.

He didn't spot Mallie, so figured she had to be in a bed behind a grey curtain.

George's gaze was pulled to the side when, out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a shaking figure.

Scarlette was sat with her knees up to her chest in the waiting room chair. She had just now noticed the boys, her eyes glistening with tears and the odd hiccup splintering the otherwise silent air between them.

"Scarlette?"

"Obviously." She croaked.

The twins didn't know what to say to her, what could they possibly say?

She let them stare at her a bit before speaking again.

"She's being treated in another room, okay?"

Scarlette's gaze wore them down, "Said if they weren't careful they could permanently damage something."

There was another heavy silence.

"We're... we're sorry." Was all George could utter out.

Scarlette's tears seem to halt a moment, as if that statement alone pulled her together.

"Don't apologize to me." She replied sourly.

Fred cringed, he knew his brother had said the wrong thing.

Scarlette shut her eyes a moment, took a deep breath and opened them again.

"I'm sorry," She mumbled loud enough for them to hear.

"I know you wouldn't do this on purpose... this situation is just so fucked up." Scarlette trailed off and George couldn't even find it in him to agree.

"She's just going to be a bit less than okay for a while. But promise you'll come by every day to see her? You know how she hates being alone." Scarlette spoke again, as if talking was making her feel better.

The boys nodded.

Scarlette smiled faintly, "Good."

The air was broken by a mild screeching noise coming around the corner behind them.