Cassie Casden Pt1

Start from the beginning

"Kids home?" Stella asked.

Freddie shook his head. "Lil and Isla are out getting a water heater, Derek's at the park, Carly's out looking for small, defenceless animals to torture, and Lacy's down for a nap."

"So...?"

"I'm up to my ass in housework," Freddie knew what Stella was propositioning.

"That's why I'm taking you to a long, deep, leisurely lunch,"

"Lunch?"

"It's a euphemism."

"How quaint,"

"Or would you like a demon dog and a quick fuckover at the Sheridan?"

Freddie chuckled. "Lacy?"

"Get a sitter."

"Costs too much?"

"How much?" Stella started going through her purse.

"At least fifty bucks." Freddie replied. "You're not paying me to fuck you. I thought you were more classy than that."

Stella  smiled. "No, I couldn't pay you enough."

They started to make out when they heard a thumping upstairs.

"Did you hear that?" Freddie asked.

"No."

"You didn't hear that?"

"You trying to change the subject?" Stella leaned in to kiss him again when he pulled away.

"Lacy?"

Freddie shook his head. "She's too lazy to get out of her crib. She just yells." They walked over to Lacy's crib, confirming that she was in there, when they heard another noise upstairs.

"Stay with Lacy," Freddie whispered to Stella.

Stella didn't listen and followed Freddie, who had grabbed the killing bat, up the stairs. They crept up the stairs and into the hallway. They heard a noise coming from Derek's room, and Freddie was about to swing the bat when Derek came out.

"Derek," Freddie breathed a sigh of relief. "I though you were at the park."

"I came back,"

"Are you okay?" Freddie asked, noticing that Derek sounded nervous.

"Kallum Crasden's having a party..." Derek said.

"Kallum Crasden?"

"Two streets over."

"...and he didn't invite you...?" Stella asked.

"He's only three."

"What happened?" Freddie asked.

"Well, I was walking past... and his mom..." Derek started but trailed off.

"What about her mom?" Freddie asked.

"She was laughing and playing with them...and it just wasn't fair," Derek replied.

"What wasn't fair?"

"Everything. So I...I took something," Derek stuttered.

"What'd you take?" Stella asked.

They heard baby noises. They looked down at Lacy, who wasn't making any noise, and back up at Derek.

"Derek..." Freddie walked into Derek's room and gasped at what he saw. A baby boy was sitting in a toy car. "Who the hell is that?"