Franc the Plank Pt2

Everybody stood outside in front of a huge caravan. Stella and Kel were going to use it to go to Canada and get Franc. The both walked inside and looked around.

"Take turns driving, watch some movies, make some monitors, sleep. We'll have Franc back by morning," Stella said.

"Ok and how are we supposed to get her across the border without a passport?" Kel asked. Stella was silent.

...

Meanwhile, at the Gallagher house,

There was a knock at the door. Lil walked downstairs to answer it. She let Terri in.

"Hey Terri," Freddie said, coming into the kitchen. Lil sat at the table and started her homework. She looked up when she noticed the awkward silence.

"Um, I'm gonna do my calculus homework upstairs," she said, getting up. Terri walked over to Freddie.

"Thanks for all your help with Franc," Freddie said, looking behind him.

"Anytime," Terri replied. Freddie pointed to the coffee machine. 

"There's coffee in the pot if you want it, it's probably like a couple decades old," he said. Terri smiled.

"So, this Stella chick, what is she, like a fixture now?" She asked. Freddie shrugged.

"Just somebody I met," he replied.

"So, there's a CYO girl's basketball league awards banquet next week at St Stephan's. There's a chance I might get coach of the year," Terri brought up.

"Wow, that's great Terri. I bet you're a great coach," Freddie replied.

"Well, not really. They're 8 year old girls, so it's mostly just helping them get the ball anywhere near the basket," Terri laughed.

"They're lucky to have you," Freddie said.

"There's this one girl who always licks the ball before she takes a shot, I have no idea why," Terri said. "I was hoping you'd come...to this thing,". Freddie turned around.

"To the banquet?"

"Mrs Rudolian and Mrs Ignacio are doing the food so there'll be all the kielbasa and rage you could eat!" Terri exclaimed. "I know, hard to turn down and invitation like that right?" Freddie shrugged.

"Catholic League ladies may talk," he said.

"Screw the Catholic ladies, they'll be judging me, not you," Terri replied.

"God, I haven't set foot there since they threw me out of the choir," Freddie laughed. Terri got a message from her speaker.

"Terri, we have a call,"

"I got work. So, Thursday?" She said.

"Can I think about it?" Freddie asked.

"Sure. Seven o'clock," Terri replied. Freddie nodded. Terri left and he sighed.

...

Half of the neighbourhood was standing outside the Gallagher house, cheering and waving Canada flags for the caravan with Kel, Vin, Stella and Franc in it. They pulled up and they all stepped out. Everybody waved their flags in front of Franc, trying to wind her up. She stepped out and rolled her eyes.

"Oh, fuck off! Fuck off!" She yelled. She walked up the porch steps and Derek smiled at her.

"Welcome back mom!" He said. Franc ignored him and walked into the house. She walked into the bathroom and started to run a bath.