First Meetings, Second Feelings (Part 2/2)

Disclaimer. I do not own any rights to Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters or any of the characters created from the manga/anime. TRIGGER WARNING: This story contains moments depicting depression and self-harming tendencies. If you are uncomfortable with any of these topics please do not read further.I hope you enjoy the story!

-*-*-*-*-*-

I stared at my bedside clock, blinking repeatedly hoping for the time to skip ahead miraculously. But, due to my luck, it stayed perfectly stationary at 8:30 AM.

It was Saturday and I was meeting up with Yugi Muto at his dorm room for 3 o'clock today to hang out for what he called a "gaming extravaganza". I bit the inside of my cheek anxiously as I stared at the clock.

Of all the days to wake up early, my body had to choose today. I groaned and pulled the blanket over my head, willing myself to try and fall back asleep. But after 15 minutes of tossing and writhing, I gave up.

I pulled my phone from my nightstand and tapped my pin quietly, as not to disturb the psycho and his boyfriend, fast asleep in their tiny twin bed; snoring happily. I grit my teeth at the noise and sight, how could this asshole manage to grab a great guy like Malik and I'm sitting here six and a half hours early awake for a meetup with a guy I've been admiring from afar.

I groaned softly and opened Facebook, my go to boredom killer of the age. I immediately noticed the one notification hovering over the little bell in the top corner and clicked hesitantly. No one ever interacted with me on Facebook. The only people I had were distant family members still residing in Egypt and Marik and Bakura.

I clicked the little bell and my mouth dropped quite quickly.

Yugi Muto has sent you a friend request.

I mean, I know we were hanging out today, but it was a group event from what I had gathered, there was no real reason for him to have added me on Facebook of all things. My finger hovered over the delete button for a moment.

Yugi Muto, THE Yugi Muto had sent ME a friend request.

My finger strayed back and forth between the accept and delete button for a few moments as my mind raced with a thousand thoughts. Did this mean he really wanted to be friends? Did he really like me that much from one meet up with the big group? I barely spoke and he even caught me in a lie to get out of there, what could possibly be going on in his head?

It's a trap, he wants to get close to you so he can hurt you. Just like Mahad.

I grit my teeth together tightly at the intrusive thought. Mahad.

I hadn't thought of him in years, the one man that I had given my entire heart and soul to. I truly saw myself spending the rest of my life with him. And then Mana entered the picture.

Yugi will never like you, he only wants to have some fun and then laugh at you to all his friends.

"Shut...Up..."

You are so stupid.

You're naive.

You're a freak.

Who could like you?

No one ever will.

Cutter.

Freak.

Loser.

I felt a single tear escape my eye, I wiped it away hastily and stare longer at my screen. Yugi had such a perfect profile picture. His smile was wide and bright, as if someone managed to snap the picture when he burst into laughter perfectly. The lighting made his eyes shine like amethyst gems from his face, I could get lost in those eyes every day.