35.

unedited.

Hellooooooo~! I'm sorry I haven't been updating since it's my Holidays but yo girl needs to eat, sleep and chill, you know? Anyways, here is a chapter!

p.s I would like to know if any of my readers cosplay ;)

***

It was time to head back, thought Yuki, as she stood from her crouching position resulting in her sister letting go of her. She stared at her sister, smiling tiredly after their crying session. She wrapped an arm around Emiko's left arm and took the lead of their return. They silently walked beside each other, the air wasn't as thick as before but no one dared to break their silence. Yuki just assumes they have nothing to talk to each other about, it was just too early for that.

A picking guilt returned in her heart. Yes, it was too early to forget what had happened. Even though she was hugged by her sister in a comforting embrace, it did not mean Emiko had fully forgiven her yet. It takes time to heal wounds, Yuki knew that far.

So as the result of the outcome, Yuki could do nothing but to patiently wait until her sister was ready to forgive and during this time she promised herself to try her best to gain Emiko's trust once again. Right now, everything was raw; it just wasn't ready yet.

She didn't know how long they had been walking, but the silence was already killing her. She wanted to say something or anything at that fact, however with her sister dead silent, brought her to face reality. Every few seconds, Yuki would steal a look from Emiko to see her only staring straight ahead, not bothering to look back even though she knew she was peeking at her. Emiko seemed lost in her thoughts and it made Yuki curious, what was she thinking now?

She was probably thinking about the kiss Yuki had stolen from Zero's, that brought even more guilt into her heart. She so badly wanted to furiously shake her head, but what could she possibly do now? It wasn't her place to tell her that it wasn't Zero's first kiss, though that would obviously deepen the wound.

Yuki let out a soft sigh.

Just as she did, Emiko's head perked up and her body came to a halt. It wasn't her sigh that cause her to react that way, something just seemed very wrong.

With a curious gaze at Pureblood, Yuki asked, "What's wrong?"

Emiko didn't answer her and only looked straight ahead as if her eyes were glued there. Knitting her brows, Yuki followed her gaze and slowly found a strange, mysterious figure standing a distance away from them. She couldn't see very well but she could make out clear enough to her that the figure was rather tall. Yuki leaned forward and squinted her eyes, was that a day class student or a night class?

"I'm sorry, but you're not supposed to be out here. Students are permitted to leave the invited location unless told so." Yuki spoke up loudly and clearly, going into her prefect mode. After all, it was her responsibility to protect everyone at all costs.

The person did not reply, they decided to stay eerily quiet which made her feel uneasy. She glanced at her sister for any suggestions to only realise that Emiko was stiff, almost frozen. After a few moments of staring at her, Yuki was suddenly surprised by Emiko whom grabbed her hand abruptly. She looked down at their joined hands before glancing back at the female Pureblood once more, Emiko had not once moved her eyes from the figure.

Yuki's heart pounded. She had never seen her sister act like this before, she had always been calm and collected, so if something were to cause her to be like this could only mean one thing; trouble.

She squeezed Emiko's hand tightly and swallowed. Now looking at the creepy figure just standing there watching them was enough to make her feel a little scared. Then suddenly she had recognised something. The eyes that were watching them like a hawk were similar to Emiko's. One was blue, one was red, mismatched eyes sharp enough to catch a prey.

"Emiko.. " Yuki whispered, trailing off as her body began to shake from fear.

She could feel the older female beside her squeeze her hand back, her mismatched eyes connecting with the mysterious figure's similar orbs.

"On the count of three, we run, understood?" Emiko ordered to her, making sure to whisper it.

Yuki exhaled and nodded slightly just as her sister started the count down. There seemed to be no movement from the person so far but that was until Emiko had hit the last number that they had burst into a run where the person began to follow themselves. Yuki turned her head to look back just as Emiko continued to drag her away. The person was following them, but they didn't bother to run after and instead they were taking small, calmed steps. She could see that they were getting further and further away.

It was a quick run due to Emiko's abnormal fast teleportation and they suddenly found themselves back at the entrance of the ballroom. Yuki swung the doors open, and with Emiko following closely behind her, they headed into the large room crowded with students were unaffected by the loud slam of the entrance doors.

Before she could take another step to find and report to the Headmaster, she was pulled back by the arm.

"Where's Zero?" Emiko asked, her eyes laced with worry.

Yuki gasped, she had forgotten about him! "He's still outside! H-He was looking for you!" She exclaimed, making turn back around.

"Report to the Headmaster of the suspicious figure, I'll go and find Zero!"

The brunette nodded and advanced forward, disappearing through a crowd of dancing bodies.

Meanwhile, Emiko could feel her heart dropped by the second. She was so worried she felt nauseous. Possibilities in her mind were slowly unravelling. With that strange looking figure and with Zero looking for her outside unknown to him that she'd already been found made fear eat up her insides. What would happen if he was attacked? What would happen if he was hurt? Could she possibly with herself? She could already blame herself. If she hadn't made such a fuss, if she had acted as if that little kiss hadn't affected her then nothing like this would ever happen. She wouldn't have ran out with him looking for her so late at night.

Thoughts came back of the mismatched eyes she had seen before. She had seen those eyes many, many times during her nightmares. They haunted her until no end and they still do. One thing couldn't be explained to her though was the fact those eyes were exactly like hers. Why? How? Who was that person? Who are they to her? That man who stared at her as if she was a prey, the man who in her nightmare were locked up in chains yet still managed to break a psychotic smile, what exactly did he want from her?

"Ooomph!" Emiko cried out after colliding with a soft wall. She stumbled back and rubbed her nose. Soft walls?

Her eyes widen just as she looked up to see who she had bumped into to find herself overwhelmed with relief. Almost tearing up in worry, she latched onto a stunned and speechless Zero and pulled him close to her. She rested her head against his chest and could faintly hear the sound of his heartbeat quickening. It assured her that he was alive and was safe and sound and not a speck of him was injured because she knew that if anyone dared to hurt him they surely wouldn't live to see another day.