Chapter 6: Study Date?

Start from the beginning

The two smiled into the kiss, enjoying the night of their first date a little longer. It had definitely turned out to be better than they expected despite the intrusion.

▷▷▷

"Ow."

"Stay still."

"But it stings."

Ben gave her a scolding look. "You should have been more careful." He chided her as he cleaned her cut on her finger and she winced in response.

"I was. I just sorta got distracted." She mumbled, avoiding eye contact as she glanced down at her phone.

Her uncle raised a brow, seeing where her gaze was. "Texting your boyfriend?" He mused.

She blushed. "Maybe." Seeing Scott's name pop up on her phone screen as he sent her another text.

He sighed. "Of course." Ben wasn't even surprised especially since she seemed to be smitten with Scott. He still wasn't sure what to make of the young teenager. He picked up a small container that had a dark green colored paste inside.

Imogen grimaced at it. "Do you have to put that stuff on my cut?" It wasn't that it smelled bad but it didn't exactly make doing anything easy even though it would harden once it sets. "You're supposed to be a doctor. Shouldn't you be putting a band aid on my cut?"

"I may be a doctor and you are right about the band aid part but you and I both know that your mom always put this stuff on you whenever you got a cut or scrape when you were a kid." He reminded her, recalling how his sister always had to bribe Imogen to let her put this paste on her scrapes as a kid. His sister would always be making different types of pastes and salves for scrapes and wounds.

Imogen pursed her lips momentarily before letting out a small sigh. "I know but it doesn't mean that I like putting it on." She stared at her green paste covered finger with a small frown. At least it was on her left hand, instead of her right hand. It would have made it harder to write in school. "Although I guess I do like how it keeps any scars from appearing." She mumbled under her breath.

"You should probably start heading to school." Ben said once he got a chance to glance over at the clock on the microwave after dropping the container into her bag. "I have a few errands to run but I'll definitely be home for dinner."

"Alright, I'll see you tonight." She said, picking up her bag and placed the strap onto her shoulder before leaving.

▷▷▷

"If Derek isn't the Alpha, if he's not the one who bit you, then who did?" Stiles asked as they sat in class.

Scott shrugged, sitting in his seat as he glanced back at Stiles. "I don't know."

The caramel eyed teen leaned forward as he whispered. "Did the Alpha kill the bus driver?"

"I don't know." He answered honestly.

"Does Allison's dad know about the Alpha?" He asked next, referring to the other new girl who they had found out came from a family of hunters.

"I don't know!" Scott exclaimed a bit loudly and ducked his head down in embarrassment when everyone in the class looked at him. He sent Stiles a dirty look before facing forward in his seat. A paper with a D- on it was set in front of him and he couldn't help but grimace at the grade. Ever since he was bitten his grades had gone down immensely.

"Dude, you need to study more." Stiles joked when he saw the grade his best friend got back and felt bad when he saw the frown on his friend's face. "That was a joke. Scott, it's one test. You're gonna make it up." He leaned up a bit and gave him an unsure look. "Do you want help studying?"