Chapter 5

I remember the stories, the fear drilled into our heads, the tales of him. The Dark Rogue. Everybody around the word feared him; the fiercest Alpha's would kneel at his feet. People say he would roam the woods, waiting for a clueless prey to be lured into his trap and then would kill them. What he did with those bodies wasn't known; they went missing forever. And now he's in my pack. Mates with my best friend. How?

"What are you doing here?" My equally as strong-looking mate growls at the Dark Rogue. I don't know whether he is very brave or very stupid. Probably the latter.

The Dark Rogue just smirks and wraps his arms around my best friend. "Chill. I'm not here to fight or anything. I come in peace. I just want to be with my mate and this is her home. Apparently my princess doesn't enjoy sleeping out in the woods and wanted to return home."

"How do we know you're telling us the truth and not just tricking us into trusting you and then you will kill all our pack?" 

This time it was me who voiced my opinions after I stepped to the side away from my mate's protective stance. He immediately steps sideways and pulls me into his side. I subconsciously lean closer into him and wrap my arm around his back in a soothing manner. At the moment, his wolf is alert and ready to pounce at any threats near me. 

"If I wanted to kill your pack, I could easily do it right now." Does the Dark Rogue ever get angry - he seems very relaxed? Well, he is also known for his sadistic humour. 

"You wanna bet?" I can feel Alex start to get riled up. He never has responded to threats in a good way.

"No, I'm with my mate and I don't want any trouble. I'll live under your rules and whatever. Just... please." My mouth immediately drops open in pure astonishment. He is begging us, the Dark Rogue is begging us.

"We'll think about it. First, what is your actual name?" I ask.

"Aaron. Just Aaron." He replies and looks towards Ada, who has been surprisingly quiet.

"Okay. Ada, lead him to your house and he can stay with you. Once you've shown him around, come see me."

"Okay, Mia. Thanks so much!" Ada leaps into my arms and I return the hug before she goes jumping off with her mate. They really suit each other actually. 

"You sounded very powerful and sexy then." Alex whispers into my ears. I can't help the involuntary shiver and wave of desire that makes it's way through my body.

"Uh uh. None of that now, mister. We need to sort everything out first."

As mentioned earlier, Alex and I have never actually gone further than making out before: we want to wait until our mating ceremony. It's a fact that if you wait until then, the feeling will be 23 times better than not waiting. 

However, I have a feeling we won't be waiting much longer. All the by-standers that were listening to our conversation with the Dark Rogue has obviously seen us together and now they are whispering to each other and several are staring. I'm surprised the rumours haven't reached my dad yet.

"Mia Fairchild! You are grounded until I'm dead. What have you got to say for yourself?" Why didn't I expect this?

"Hey Daddy. What's the matter?" I turn to him and say innocently. Maybe he will forget about everything. Oh who am I kidding? I'm dead.

"You know perfectly what I am talking about. When did you find out you and him are mates? And why didn't you tell me?"

"Dad, I think we need to talk about this privately."

He storms off in the direction of his office. I put my chin up high, grab Alex's hand and follow him. I won't be the weak daughter that walks with her tail between her legs. I am a strong woman and I won't let my father scare me. However, my confident thoughts disappear as my dad turns around and sends me a glare.

When we reach the office that I've always loved as I've grown up, I start to feel a little scared. What if dad stops us from seeing each other? What if he banishes me from the pack? What if he kills Alex? Luckily, my mum slips into the office and grabs a chair, placing it next to dads chair. My mum has always been the reasonable parent so I feel better when I see her.

"So, you two are mates?"

"Yes sir, I'm very lucky to have your daughter."

"You don't have her. She is my daughter."

"I understand sir but she is also my mate."

Before my dad could reply, I interrupt. "Okay guys. Lets be rational now. Dad, you cannot stop us from being together. We are mates and it is nearly impossible to stay away."

"I know. It's just, why him? Why not any other male?"

I feel Alex go stiff at the mention of me with other males. I quickly grab his hand and bring it to my lap, which seems to relax him.

"I don't want any other man. Only him. Dad, imagine being separated from mum. Imagine not seeing her and not being with her. How would that feel?"

I see dad look at my mum with a loving glance and then he pulls her over to sit her on his lap. I hate the fact that werewolves love PDA and seeing my parents being affectionate and kissing isn't nice.

"Okay, I know that I can't prevent you two from being together. But what are you going to do?"

"If I have your permission, I would love to bring your daughter to my pack. Obviously, she would carry out her normal lifestyle with school and such but I need her close. It has been killing me."

"Okay, but please give us another week with our daughter first." My mum finally speaks up. I can tell she has been thinking while listening to us. 

"Of course, but please keep her away from that rogue."

"I can protect myself!" I glare at my mate.

"I know, but I'd feel better if I knew you were safe." He brings his hand up to cup my cheek before kissing my forehead delicately. My expression easily softens and I look at him with love.

"I will stay away and try to keep out of trouble." I reassure him.

"Thank you."

Remembering my parents are still there, I look at them to find my dad with an angry expression and my mum with a half happy and half amused one. Then I look down and burst out laughing. In all this drama, I'm still just wearing a bikini from the pool party. Grabbing Alex, I run all the way to the swimming pool. Everyone is still there, despite the incident earlier. Not stopping from sprinting, I jump into the pool with Alex and wrap my arms around him. It feels good to not hide our secret from the world anymore.

A/N: I didn't leave it on a cliffhanger! Hey guys, sorry I didn't update yesterday but my mind went blank when I sat down to write it. I'm not sure when I'll update but as soon as I can! We're past 150 reads now! Thanks guys ;)