I

Eliza sighed as she made her way through the bustling corridor, clinging to her bag straps. School was finally over for the year and she was probably the only student who wasn't brimming with excitement. Her home life wasn't exactly happy. Her dad was an ex-marine and never returned the same. He rapidly became almost psychotic and would beat her mum until she couldn't move. Eventually it became too much and Eliza's mother left, leaving her and her brother to be abused instead. When Eliza finally navigated her way outside, she rolled her eyes. Betty Ripsom's mum was stood waiting for her missing daughter. She felt sorry for the woman but in Eliza'a opinion, she should try to move on. The sad truth was Betty was likely dead and lying in a gutter somewhere.
"Eliza!" Butch Bowers called, standing with Mrs Ripsom and his cop car.
Eliza jogged over to her dad and let him kiss her on the forehead.
"Good afternoon, Daddy. How was work today?" She smiled.
Talking to her father like that made her feel sick but it pleased him and the one thing she did not want to do was piss him off.
"Just the same old stuff. Why don't you head on home and I'll see you tonight, okay?"
"Okay, Daddy. I love you."
"Love you too, sweetie."
Eliza turned and started to walk away but stopped when she spotted Henry pushing around some of the boys from her classes. Crossing her arms, she strolled over and cleared her throat.
"Hey, dickhead! Leave them alone."
Henry paused, "Why should I?"
"Because I told you to." She shrugged, "And I want a lift home."
He glared at her for a few seconds before facing the boy she recognised as Bill again. He muttered something Eliza couldn't hear then licked his hand and wiped it all over Bill's face. Reluctantly, him and his goons climbed into their car.
"You coming or what?" Henry called out the open window and Eliza rolled her eyes.
"Just a second!"
She turned to the group of friends and bit her lip, "Sorry about my brother. Are you all okay?"
"We're fine. No thanks to you." Richie Tozier snapped and Eliza frowned.
Was that really necessary?
"What Richie m-m-meant to say was t-thank you. You're E-Eliza, r-r-right? I'm Bill."
"Yep." She beamed, deciding it was best to pretend Richie wasn't there, "Pleasure to meet you, Bill. Are you Eddie and Stan?"
Eddie, the frailer boy, gave her a weak smile and Stan just nodded.
"I should probably get going. I'll see you guys around?" Eliza suggested, glancing back at the car waiting for her.
"Yeah, sure. B-bye." Bill waved as she hopped in one of the backseats.
"Why were you talking to the losers?" Henry spat as he lit a cigarette.
Eliza flipped him off and knocked it out the car window.
"Hey! That was my last one." He growled.
She rested her head on the glass and started to hum The Clash.

After a quick food search around her house, Eliza determined she'd walk the store and restock her empty cupboards. Grabbing a basket, the blonde girl began to wander though the aisles, picking up any necessities. She quietly sang to herself as she shopped. Carelessly, she turned into the hygiene aisle and straight into another girl, nearly knocking her over.
"Shitshitshit! I'm so sorry!" She apologised to the girl she now recognised as Beverly Marsh.
"It's fine. Honestly." She lightly laughed accepting the help up offered by Eliza.
"I'm-" Eliza started but was cut off.
"Eliza Bowers. I know who you are." Bev smiled.
"Is that a good thing?" She joked in return and Beverly smirked.
"That's up to you to decide."
The teens quickly became friends, ignoring the agitated looks from other shoppers.
"Oh, shit I should probably get going soon." Eliza exclaimed, checking her watch.
"Same here." Bev agreed as they headed to checkout. However, they barely made it half the way there before something or someone else got them distracted.

A/N: Hey! This is kinda shorter than I wanted it but it's easier to just end this chapter here. I will try to make future chapters longer.