Minister and Missing

Krestena's POV

I was in my room rereading letters my friends sent me over the holidays. Uncle Remus allowed me to read them, just not reply. The Weasleys win a ton of prize money and had gone to Egypt to visit their oldest brother Bill. They were even in the newspaper the other day. Harry is miserable at home, but happier then last year with receiving letters. Hermione was on holiday with her family in Paris.

"Krestena, come to the living room please!" Uncle Remus calls. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, he never calls me by my real name. This must be important. With that thought I put the Daily Prophet down and head downstairs to the living room.

"What is it Uncle?" I ask as I enter the room. But stop when I see a tall dark skinned wizard in blue robes and the current Minster of Magic. "What's going on?" I ask looking around confused.

"Take a seat please Miss Black" the dark skinned man instructs. So I sit next to my uncle facing our two unannounced visitors. "Miss Black we have a few questions for you, do you promise to answer honestly?" he asks.

"Of course" I say nodding my head.

"Now Miss Black have you heard from your father lately?" the minister asks.

"No, Uncle said if I was good. I could see him on my birthday again" I tell him smiling at the thought of seeing my father.

"So no anonymous letters from anyone?" the dark skinned wizard asks.

"None, what's your name?" I ask him and he answers Kingsley Shacklebolt.

"Have you heard from Harry Potter recently?" the minister asks.

"Not since last week when he said his Uncle's sister was coming other for a week" I state.

"Why are you asking us these questions?" Uncle Remus asks.

"Sirius Black has escaped Azkaban prison and Harry went missing half an hour ago. The minister is about to head to the Leaky Cauldron to search for him" Kingsley explains. The minister says goodbye and leaves by apperation. "Please contact the ministry if you hear from Sirius Black" he tells us.

"Of course and good luck with your search" Remus says shaking his hand. Kingsley left while I was in deep thought, why would Dad escape Azkaban? Was it so we could be a family like he promised? I ask myself. "You haven't heard from him right?" Uncle Remus asks me.

"Of course not, but I hope he stays free" I state. "If they catch him, they'll either kill him, imprison him or give him the dementors kiss. I don't want any of those to happen, he's my father after all" I remind him. "Now if you'll excuse me, I wish to go to bed" I tell him.

As I head to my room I think of running away to search for Harry. But decide against it and look at my Hogwarts letter. It had arrived this morning and I'd be going to Diagon Alley tomorrow to get my stuff. Hopefully I'd see Harry there. I'm glad Uncle Remus signed my permission slip for Hogsmeade before we found out my dad had escaped prison. Otherwise he'd of never signed it.

I pray my dad and Harry are ok, where ever they are. I also hope to see Dad soon, as it'd be nice to see him free and he be able to hug me. And I also think about the new job my uncle got recently. He won't tell me anything, saying it is a surprise. Snowy returns from her nightly hunt with a lizard in her mouth. She eats it in her cage before having a drink of her water.

Just then a dark coloured barn owl appears with a letter addressed to me. I look at the owl and handwriting confused, I didn't recognize either. But I give the owl a treat, it leaves and I open the letter.

Hello my little princess,

It's your dad, please don't believe anything you hear about me. I am currently heading north and hope to see you soon. When we reunite I'll explain everything properly, don't worry I'm being careful. Don't reply to this, your mail is probably being watched. Stay out of trouble.

Love from Snuffles

I smile knowing my father was alive and well. Then hide the letter in my memory box, that has an undetectable extension charm on it. I open my locket and smile at the photo before closing it. I got ready for bed, said good night to my uncle and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

A/N

Picture above of the Minister of magic Cornelius Fudge and picture on the external link of Kingsley Shacklebolt.