Unconsciously you moved your arms to around his waist, pushing yourself closer to him. The warmth coming from the sun with the feeling rising chest against yours, his heartbeat was quick against you. All of those small things together, his scent, his touch, his heart against yours, the warmth of the late sun, a combination worthy of the description of ethereal. Baekhyun loosened his hold around you just to look at you. For a second you had feared he was going to break the hug, a sudden feeling of disappointment washing over you.

His face wore a soft expression as his eyes observed every inch of you, taking in every feature that in his eyes was beyond perfection. The look in his eyes was screaming about how beautiful he thought you were. You stared back into his hazel brown eyes, seeing your own shiny reflection.

Baekhyun stretched his arm out a bit, reaching out for your face. You stood there completely clueless as you watched him do his thing.
The skin of his hands slightly brushed against your forehead as he pulled a lock of your hair behind of your ear. His hand then slowly traced your feature. You felt how your skin seemed to catch fire under his touch as his hand traveled further to your jawline.

The cheeks were feeling hotter as the blood rushed to them. You looked up at him and before you knew it your gazes were locked into a stare. As you admired his beautiful features you felt how his body pressed closer to yours.

Before you noticed it, your faces were only a few inches apart, which made your heart squeeze with surprise and excitement. He eventually held your chin lightly, just to make sure your lips were at the same level.

Baekhyun's gaze left your eyes, making a shiver run down your spine when you saw his eyes darting slowly down to your lips. Normally if he'd been getting this close you would try to reject him and push him away. But this time there was no way you'd be able to do that. Somehow you liked this feeling, the more he got close, the more you wanted him to. But was this supposed to happen? Was this right?

The two of you were best friends, what if all of this wouldn't mean anything, what if this kiss wasn't going to mean anything. Were you going to pretend this hadn't happened later?

These doubts started filling your head and you were starting to feel troubled about whether to stop him from coming any closer, or just put these doubts to the sides and do what you had been fantasizing about for years.

Before you could change your mind you started to close your eyes. Though the moment got interrupted and the both of you flinched when you heard a car sounding the horn several times at you. With big eyes the two of you waved an apology to the driver and ran away.
Somehow the run had from nowhere become a competition about who reached the house first. Of course, Baekhyun reached it first but the differences were just by a few seconds.

You two panted frantically after the marathon you had just run with your all.

"Gosh remind me why we even started running our asses off, I'm exhausted." You complained through your cut out breath.
Baekhyun laughed at your comment and you smiled while watching him. His cheeks and nose had gotten slightly red from the running session. He looked cute.

Though you were glad the two of you had run the way to his house. You didn't even want to imagine how awkward it would have gotten if you had continued walking quietly. At least you could have turned this into a joke.

"Yah Baekhyun please hurry and open the door, I need to sit down somewhere." You urged feeling how your legs had been aching slightly.
"Then sit on the ground." He suggested and while searching through his pockets.

"Ground? Tch I was hoping for your couch." You said faking an annoyed tone.

"Who said you can use my couch?" He asked almost sounding too mean for your liking, you puffed your cheeks with displease.