Chapter 13

Woah guys. 166 reads and 20 votes! Pretty impressive if i must say so myself. I couldn't of done it without my fans! But hey, listen up. I decided since this book is doing pretty well, I'm gonna go the next level. A competition. Just message me, (follow me first) most preferrably on my message board, your favourite character, or chapter, or saying, or part of this book! I would love your say, and also, you get something in return! I will announce the winner after about 10ish entries, in this book. What is the prize you ask? If you win, you get to create your on character, and it will feature in this book. So get your entries in! xD

So... where was I?

Ahh, there.

-Siobhan B

"Amber, may I talk to you for a minute?" Miss Sime asked.

"Yes?" I said, slightly bored.

"You have been late 2 weeks in a row"

Thats how long I have been a werecat for. 2 weeks. I nodded awkwardly. She showed me the roll like I'd given a shit. "Why is this?" She asked. She wouldn't understand. Its not like she is another creature apart from a human. I just shrugged anyway. "You can go to now" she sighed.

Jennifer was waiting outside for me. "What was that about?" She asked. "Just stuff about being late"

"Just a question... Why have you been late?"

"Well..." I had to think. Fast. "Sleeping in, going on my phone." I felt terrible lying to one of my best friends.

In science, Alison texted me.

Alison:

Field?

Me:

Sure

After science, I headed to the field. Derek stopped me in my path. "Hi!" he said. I sighed.

"This is schooltime." I explained to him.

"Is it?" he said sarcastically.

"Don't you think people will wonder what a 24 year old man is doing at this school, who isn't a teacher?"

"Good point. Come with me" He headed towards the fence exit.

"Are you crazy? I'm not ditching!"

"Ugh. Why not?"

"Why not? Why not? Are you kidding me?"

"No. Come on! " He teleported me to KFC.

"Fine. I give up. What did you bring me here for?"

"Its top secret." he said whispering.

"Nice top secret location." I said sarcastically. He continued anyway.

"I know where all local werecats hang."

He teleported us to Kings park. He really needs to be more .private. He pointed at a hole. It looked fairly deep.

"Come on!" He yelled to me.

"Come on what?"

"Go in!"

"What? What is it?"

"Where werecats hang. Just jump in!"

"Um... ok.." I jumped in to be welcomed by people. Wait, not people, werecats.

"Why hello!" A man said to me warmly. He looked about in his thirties, and he was defenitely a werecat. From the unique hair, to the turquoise eyes. "I'm the worship leader of this pack. You can call me master."

"Pleased to meet you, Master."

"We have been expecting you. Would you care to join your first pack meeting?"

"I would love to" I said smiling in slight excitement.

"Welcome everyone, this is our newest member of the pack. Her name is Amber." I had a look around. There were about eight in the pack. None looked familiar, other than the one that attacked me....

They were all very unique. There was a boy, about my age. He had black and white hair, and a unique green shaded eyes, with cat slitted pupils. He is abandened, so they gave him a name. He went by the name Patrick.

The next person to introduce me, was a girl named Taylor. She had rainbow coloured cat eyes, and long grey hair with white stripes. She is genetically a werecat. Other people introduced themself, and it came to questions. A teenage boy called Xavier asked how I became one. I told him, and the guy who turned me pointed out it was him. I asked a question.

"How come there are eight? I heard that the population was really low"

"This is the place where all of the New Zealand population of werecats go. We call this the 'Hee' ancient script language for home. Welcome to the hee."

"Thank you master" I replied politely.I look at my wrist. The glistening gems on my watch were telling me half past one. "I have to go sorry. I'm gonna be extra late"

"Okay, we'll be here at three for your proper greeting ritual." I waved. I left, and realised I was running at almost the speed of a cheetah as it seemed.I got to class at twenty to two. I definitely need a late pass. I went into maths, everyone staring at me. Someone whispered "You're late" to me. "I know!" I said frustrated. "Hello Amber" At least there is a reliever today, not Miss Grouchy Bum. "Everyone says you were at the field."

"No, I wasn't."

I sat beside Alison.

"Why weren't you at the field? Why weren't you replying to your messages?"

"I... had to... finish homework"

"You were with a dude... I saw you"

"I had to go to my first werecat pack meeting"

"Oh... You ditched school? Wow, you finally did something bad! Up top!"

She reached her hand out to high five me.

"No?"

"No" I replied.

The bell rang for hometime, and now I have my welcoming ritual.