Prologue: A Story to Tell

A 16 year old boy is on his way home from his friend's house. He has black-brown short hair and brown eyes. He's wearing a button down white designer shirt and black jeans. The boy then sees his principal/Godfather that lives two doors down from him. He comes up to him and greets, "Hey, Ezra!" Ezra replies, "Hey, Principal Gilbert."

Principal Gilbert chuckles and responds, "Ezra, come on. I told you outside of school you can call me uncle or even God-dad. I have something for your parents to sign. This part is all for your mother to sign. Both of your parents sign the other pages. It's for your driving session on Wednesday. You passed the class; now all you have to do is pass the hands on task."

Ezra replies in excitement, while taking his paper "I got it. Thank you!" Oliver nods his head and responds, "See ya, Ezra." He then leaves and Ezra responds, "Bye, Uncle Oliver!" He continues to walk home, excited to show his parents. When he gets home, he sees his little brother and sisters' running after each other and laughing. Ezra smiles at them and greets, "Hey little siblings." They reply in unison, "Hi!" Then go back to chasing each other.

Ezra sees their father walk in and he chuckles at his young children. He demands in a serious tone, "Stop running in the house!" And they all respond in unison, "Okay!" He chuckles again and replies, "It's cute how they sometimes speak in unison like that. They could be known as triplets, if it wasn't for them being one year apart."

Ezra laughs with his father and states, showing him the paper "Dad? Uncle Oliver wanted me to give this to you and mom. It's for my driving session on Wednesday. I passed the class!" His father looks at him proudly and responds "Congratulations, Ezra!" Ezra replies in excitement "Thanks, dad! He said there's this one page for only mom to sign. Where is she?"

He answers "Upstairs..." he shouts up "Moana, Ezra has something to show you!" He looks at his son and states "I'll be up; I'm just waiting for your little siblings ride to get here. They're going to their friend's house for her birthday party."

Ezra replies "Alright. I'm going to go find mom." He nods as his son goes up to find his mother. Ezra knocks on his mother's room door and she responds "Come in." He opens the door and says "Hi mom!" And she says "Hi there. What's going on?"

Ezra says "I need you and dad to sign this for me. It's for my driving session on Wednesday. This page is just for you to sign." Moana responds in excitement "Oh my God, you passed! Congratulations!" Ezra says, grateful "Thanks mom! Here's what you need to sign." Moana replies "Okay." She takes the papers and signs everything she needs to sign.

After a few long minutes, she says "And... I'm done. Your father will sign it later. Feel free to give this to your uncle on Monday. Maybe even later on today." Her son nods his head, then he suddenly starts to frown and look down. Moana feels her mother senses kick in and she asks "What's going on? Ezra, what are you hiding from me?" He looks up at his mother and sighs.

Ezra responds "Before I came home, this new kid from my school just started to pick on me. He kept shoving me and pushing me. He tried to hit me, but I blocked him just in time. Mom, I really wanted to hit him so bad, but I didn't. I did what you taught me; never hit someone intentionally-- just walk away. If they refuse to quit, only do what you have to do to defend yourself. Simply put them in a head lock, put their arms behind their back, or flip them on their backs. Anything to defend myself that didn't lead to being too violent. I decided to be the better man."

Moana smiles at her son and responds "I'm glad you listened to everything I taught you. I'm very proud of you, son. You make me so proud!" Ezra smiles at his mother. Then he hears his father's voice "I'm proud of you as well, my boy." Mother and son turn and see him by the door, smiling at his son.

He walks over to his wife and son and sits next to his wife. He wraps his arm around her shoulders and kisses her temple and she kisses his cheek, while wrapping her arm around his waist.

Moana states "He did the right thing. Ezra had the chance to use everything we taught him to hurt others like they hurt him, but he used it for defense. You know what that means." The father smiles and says "I know. He's ready to know."

Ezra frowns and squints his eyes at his parents in confusion and asks, curious "Ready to know about what?" And Moana answers "Ready to know our story. MY story!" Ezra gasps and asks, dramatically "Really? I finally get to hear the story of my mother, the great Moana Maxwell?"

All of them chuckle and his father says "Yes. Yes you do!" And Ezra asks "Including the full story of how you two met?" They nod their heads and he asks "Should we wait for Ariana and the twins to hear this?" His parents exclaim in unison "Oh no!"

His mother says "Trust us. This story? They're not ready to hear it yet... especially the twins. But, you have proven that you finally are mature enough to hear it. My story is pretty... what are the words I'm looking for honey?" And the father answers "Incredible? Unique? Unimaginable? All pretty much sum it up."

Moana nods and states "Right. This story- my story- your father and I story... it's something." Ezra gets comfortable, very ready and anxious to hear this story. He says in excitement "I'm ready!" The two parents smile at their son. Moana starts "Okay. Here goes... It all started back when I was nine and almost ten."

A/N: Just to warn you guys, this is a book series and Moana has a very long journey ahead of her. You want answers? You're gonna have to follow alongside young Moana during her journey to get them. This book will be fully updated starting January 24. New Year, New book. I hope you enjoy this. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years.