Chapter 2 [Part 1]

Start from the beginning

“I’m sure you won’t, I have a good feeling about this,” Jac tried to assure me with a sympathetic look. She must have guessed I was thinking of Ryan. I hate when people do that, try to sympathise with you because they will never know what you are feeling, they just pretend like they do when in reality they have no clue.

“You do?”

“Yes. What you went through with Ryan was terrible but that was years ago. Now could be your time to find someone special,”

“I don’t know,” I said unsurely and began fidgeting with my hands. It was getting awkward but then Jac’s phone rang.

“I’m sorry it’s important, I have to take this,” Jac apologised. “Why don’t you go and get a drink from downstairs,”

“Ok,” I agreed and stood up to leave just as Jac answered her call. I could do with a drink to calm my nerves.

Just as I left the room, I locked eyes with a young man walking towards me, he looked around my age. He was tall and lean, he had short black hair and his eyes were all black meaning he was a Demon. The Demon was wearing all black trousers, top and jacket with shoes. From what I could tell he was of a good build. He is hot, such a shame he is a Demon. He smiled at me and I smiled back shyly then looked away to walk past him, the whole while I could feel eyes burning on the back of my head but I ignored it.

I went down to the ground floor in the lift where there was a canteen and got myself a blood hot chocolate which was exactly how it sounded, hot chocolate with a little blood added to it. It reeks of Demons everywhere, they smell of danger. It’s odd how I couldn’t smell anything from the hot Demon I just saw.

Very few Vampires like me come here because most prefer to find a mate on their own or by leaving it to fate.

I took a sip of my hot drink, it was delicious and soothing for my nerves a little so I took another sip but I could still smell Demon. I decided to think about what Jac said. I’m not sure I want to be married again but what have I got to lose? I have lost everyone I love. I don’t know what happened to my parents, they left me in foster care when I was born. I only have my adoptive family but they are human including my Mum, Dad and a younger brother called Liam. It’s about time I moved out, I’m 23 and when I don’t age like the humans, they will get suspicious. If I get married then I can eventually move away and the humans will forget about me.

10 minutes later, I finished the blood hot chocolate and took the lift back up to Jac’s office to waste a little time before seeing Jac to tell her my decision. When I reached the door to Jac’s office, I knocked twice and waited.

“Come in,” Jac said. I opened the door, walked in and closed the door behind me.

“Ah! Tegan you’re back, how was your drink?” Jac asked.

“It was good,” I replied.

“Did you have a think about what we talked about earlier?” Jac asked with hopeful eyes. What a stupid question? Did she think my mind would be on anything else?

“Yes,”

“What have you been thinking?”

“Well............... I thought I might give the marriage thing one last try,” I admitted. Jac smiled at me before saying