Chapter 31: It's not Easy

The next week flew by, with Georgia and Paisley both busy packing and while I was under house arrest due to my injuries, I tried to pack up my things as much as I could but Mom agreed to set aside a day next week before I leave to help me pack my things.

Thankfully Jack was allowed to come home Saturday night after his practice and stay for Sunday. Surprisingly, Mom let him stay over under the condition that we kept the door open, but it wasn't like we could do much anyway with the state I was in. But I was happy for the time we got to spend together. We stayed up most of the night just talking about his upcoming season, everyone leaving, and how hard college is going to be.

It wasn't until two in the morning when I finally fell asleep in Jack's arms. Jack woke up before me, and rustled me awake.

"Ro, baby, we gotta get a move on. The cookout starts at 3." He says climbing out from under me.

I groaned and pulled the covers over my head. I just wanted to lay here with Jack and sleep. Why can't we just sleep? I felt a tug on the comforter. I tightened my grip not ready to let go of it. Jack pulled again hard enough to make my hands slip and it fell away from me.

I opened my eyes looking at him hovering over me with the covers in his hands. He was careful not to touch my leg.

"Rosie, it's 1:30. I've let you sleep all morning."

I glared at him. "30 more minutes, please?"

He gave me a look. "We both know you need more than an hour to get ready."

I sighed and carefully sat up. I stretched my arms out before rubbing my eyes. "I hate that you're right. Wait, how long have you been awake?"

Jack rummaged through his duffel pulling out some shorts and a shirt to change into. I watched as he slipped his shirt off revealing his toned chest. He didn't seem bothered that I was watching him but he still gave me a look. "Don't worry about that, and quit checking me out." He smirked.

I smiled widely, watching his muscles tense as he pulled the shirt down over his body. I still can't believe this boy is mine and I almost lost him.

"Don't change in front of me if you don't want to get checked out." I say matter of factly as I carefully inched off the bed.

Jack chuckled as he slid on his shorts. I paused for a moment checking my cast. Everything was still in place and it hurt like hell. I winced before I reached over to my night stand to take some pain pills.

I was struggling to get the cap off before I felt two big hands come down and take the bottle from me. With one easy move Jack popped the lid off and dealt me two pills. I stuck my tongue out at him for helping me.

"Ro, What else am I supposed to do but take care of you?" He says softly leaning down and giving me a kiss on my forehead.

Jack moved to stand back up but I caught the back of his neck bring his face closer to mine so he'd kiss me. His lips touched mine gently before I tried to deepen the kiss. Jack let out a groan before he slowly pulled away.

"No, not right now when you're mom actually trusts me." He shook his head checking the doorway.

I bit my lip. Jack saw and closed his eyes groaning again. "I was just going to simply kiss you, baby." I plead innocently pouting.

Jack gave me a look. "Mhm, I know how you work, now stop distracting me. We gotta get going or we're going to miss all the food."

****

"You two had one job, and that was to bring hamburger buns. How hard is it to remember hamburger buns?" Paisley had exclaimed when we arrived empty handed.