Chapter 20

I woke up today hoping that I might have a missed call or text from vin explaining his disappearance but I got nothing..! Sighing I kept my phone aside and started getting ready for school. I took a quick shower and wore a black jeans and a checkered shirt and tied my hair into a high ponytail. I applied some liner, mascara and when I was about to apply lipgloss  my phone beeped. I was so excited cause I knew that it was from Vin:

'Hey I know your getting ready for school. So just wanted to let you know that you look beautiful with your hair down. Love you beautiful'

Those simple 16 words made my heart flutter! All the anger from earlier simply disappeared and all that was left was fluttering butterflies in my belly! Unconsciously my hand reached out for the rubber band holding my hair together and in one swift movement I took it off. My hair was all over my face. I brushed them away from my face with help of my hand, then grabbed my car keys and sped my way to school.

I had my first class with Jules. Oddly she wasn't texting the mystery guy! I took my usual seat next to her and asked her 'if she's alright?'. She smiled reassuringly saying that she's good. I doubted it but still let it go and concentrated on taking down notes furiously. The next class also went by in a blur with me taking notes and Jules lost in la la land.

Lunch came and it was just me and Jules sitting at our table when Jack passed by. Jules asked him if he'd like to sit with us. I was surprised at her question and so was Jack! He recovered from his state of surprise quickly and joined us for lunch. We started talking about our plans for the weekend and that's when Jack suggested we should all go together and watch a movie to which all of us agreed. That's when Jules told us that she was in mood for some ice cream and asked if we would go with her to "Jim's Ice cream". I loved Jim's ice cream. They served the best strawberry cheesecake ice cream ever. The mere thought made my mouth water so I had to say yes. And Jack also agreed. So we decided to meet at the main door and go together. We then went for our separate classes.

The bell rang signalling the end of our last lecture. I was happy because I was going to eat ice! I went to the main door building and found Jack already waiting for us. I looked around for Jules but couldn't find her. I went to grab my phone to call her but it wasn't with me! I panicked thinking I lost my cell! I asked Jack to wait for Jules and till then I'll look for my phone. He insisted on following me. So we went straight to my locker and but didn't find my phone there. We then went to my last class still no luck. We even went to the cafeteria and still couldn't find my phone. We looked for almost half an hour, tried calling from Jack's number at least thousand times and still couldn't find it! And even Jules wasn't anywhere to be seen! What is wrong with this woman? She's acting strange.

Disappointed I told Jack that we'll have ice cream some other time and started walking towards my car. I found Jules standing near her my car and talking animatedly over the phone with someone. I saw red! The nerve of this bitch. She made me and Jack wait for a plan she made while she's talking to that bloody mystery guy. Today I'm finally gonna unravel the mystery of this mystery guy.

With anger and courage I walked up to her and pulled her phone away from her and when I check who she was talking to, it said 'Weirdo'. I laughed! Only Jules can name her crush weirdo.

But wait a minute! The number looks familiar. Of course you dufus it looks familiar cause it's Vin's number!.I froze in my place. I felt betrayed and lost and cheated and defeated and fooled and many feeling all at the same time! I felt the land beneath me slipping. I looked at Jules with a thousand questions in my eyes and all the while she stood there watching me get destroyed with a smug face. I felt like going home and cry a river.

With shaking hands I pressed the phone to my ear and said "hello?". That's when Vin answered "Hi. Umm.. is Jules there?" I was stunned at his reply. How could he do this to me? We haven't been talking much lately forget meeting . And I was a fool to let it all go thinking he had work. Instead all the while he was busy with this back stabbing best friend! I thought he's different but he turned out to be like the rest! How could he do this to me? Why? Am I not good enough?

I mustered the last few pieces of strength I had within me and answered with a very calm voice "Yes love. She's right next to me. Just hold on a sec baby". I didn't wait for Vin's reply and grabbed Jules hand with a little extra force than required and slammed the phone on her palm. I also snatched my phone from her other hand. I then turned around and walked away from her after getting my back stabbed and heart broken. Jules tried calling me saying she can explain. But I didn't turn back. I held my head higher and kept walking.

Author's note-

Hello my sweet potatoes. Here's the new chapter. If your still reading my book then thank you for your love. The chapters are now going to get better and more stuff will be happening. Please bear with my slow updates. And as always if you guys like this chapter then please like, comment and follow.

=justanotherwriter29=