six

Minerva walk down the corridor, into the bathroom hearing a sniffle. She gave an odd look realising it's Sophie.

"Sophie?"

Sophie look up at Minerva wiping off her tears.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked.

Minerva took a seat next to her realising how devastated this little girl is. Her little girl.

"Sophie, I didn't know either. I had just found out last night." Minerva replied touching her shoulder.

"It was all there professor Mcgonagall. The mark in my neck, the way my parents treated me. I should've known." Sophie sniffed with rolling tears.

"Sophie, you're young." Minerva comfort her rubbing her back. "You're not a fortune teller."

"Is professor Dumbledore my daddy?" Sophie asked drying up her tears.

Minerva look down then back in the child's eyes.

"Yes he is." Came the reply.

"How did it happen between the two of you? Like how did you meet and what went wrong between you two?" Sophie asked filled with more questions to come.

"Well, Professor Dumbledore gave me class." Minerva told her starting to travel her mind back to thinking.

"You two had an affair?" Sophie asked with a teasing smile.

Minerva gave a giggle with a little blush.

"Why don't you ask professor Dumbledore?"

"I think I should." Sophie smiled biting her bottom lip. "Do you love him?"

"Do I have to?" Minerva asked raising an eyebrow waiting for her to reply.

"I never was loved." Sophie whispered and look down at her bare feet.

"That's not true." Minerva said serious getting her attention. "When I gave birth to you they told me you were dead. But that doesn't mean I never had loved you. I always have, and always will love you Sophie."