Time For The Truth

Aaron

I felt bad for doing this to Lacy. I can't believe that I cheated on her. With Ava, at that. I promised myself that I wouldn't hurt another girl. But now, I did. Standing here, looking at Lacy, I feel really bad. I know she loved me. I have always loved her. Maybe that's why I broke all of those girls heart. Maybe I just wanted Lacy all to myself.

But when she was with Ryan at the party, it tore me apart. Yes, it was a month ago and we was not dating, but I thought we had a thing. And it hunted me so I wanted to get even, I guess.

Lacy cleared her throat and glared at me. I breathed through my nose before saying what was true. It's going to sound dumb, I know. But I have to say it eventually.

"I had to get revenge". I say. "Revenge? For what, Aaron. Please tell me". Lacy yelled. Her voice was cracking and tears was stinging in her black, tiny eyes. I didn't want to see her cry so I was going to make it quick as possible.

But instead of doing that, I sealed my lips shut. Lacy did the same. I looked in her eyes one more time. Then I closed my eyes and looked at the ground, ashamed of myself. Lacy gave me her heart and I ripped it apart. I did it to every girl I lay eyes on. Why? Because I have no heart. I have no love for any female. And now, my best friend is walking out of my life, forever.

Lacy sighed and twisted the door knob. "Wait". I say softly as I grab her wrist. Lacy raised her eyebrows and gave me a threatening look. I put my hands up in surrender. Then, my face soften. I could tell I was hurting Lacy. I sealed my lips for a second and then began talking.

"Do you remember that party at Ryan's house last month". I ask. Lacy stopped in her tracks at the sound of his name. I would have listened, too, if I was her. "Yeah​". She says, her voice and face softening. I sealed my lips and sighed. Here goes nothing.

"When you came up in that room, crying, I was pissed, Lacy. Pissed like hell. And then I saw Ryan. That sly smirk on his face. The one that he gives every girl after breaking their heart. I thought you guys were together. I was mad. Most of all, I was heart broken". I tell her. I give her a moment to process what I just said and her thoughts on this topic. I sighed and continued.

"So, I wanted revenge. You broke my heart so I.......". My voice went out. I didn't have the guy  to finish the sentence, she knew the rest and so did I. "So you broke mine". She says dry mouthed. She was fiddling with her hands and the tears were pouring down her face now. I sighed and looked back at the concrete. "Lacy, I am so sorry".  I whisper.

Song: Tell Him The Truth By: Keri Hilson