Chapter Nine

A couple or friends had stopped by to visit the couple. One being DJ Khaled to ask Rihanna a few questions about featuring on another song with her. Claiming this one would be even bigger than 'Wild Thoughts'. Then after him, some of Kehlani's folks. Her mother, brother, sister and cousin. Each showing love to her and apologizing as to why they couldn't be there earlier due to her mother's health issues and brother and sister traveling the states. Kehlani was more than glad to see them, having to met them before. They soon left to catch a plane back home to Oakland, leaving the couple alone.

Robyn laid a blanket over Kehlani's body and kissed her forehead and crouched down below her body to check on Morgan rocking back and forth in the baby cradle. She smiled, kissing her daughters forehead, standing up afterwards.

She took the incoming call and walked off into the kitchen.

-----------------

"Hello, is this Robyn Fenty?" An English accent asked.

"Dis' is she." Robyn responded.

"Ok, I am Sharon Burkhart of Burkhart Jewels and was wondering jf you'd like to sponser one of our deals?" The lady asked. Robyn chewed on her bottom lip, then looked over to where Kehlani was sleeping on the couch.

"No sorry, I jus'..I'm jus' really in a tough spot right now amd I can't be taking on any deals any time soon." There was a pause before the lady spoke up.

"Oh! Oh! Ok...yea..yea no problem. I understand. I hope it gets better and you can hit me back up for the deal."

Robyn nodded her head. "Yea ok."

-----------------

The conversation ended, Rihanna walked back into the living room and found Kehlani still sleeping. She plopped down on the couch and sighed, closing and relaxing her muscles for once in the last 2 months.

"Why didn't you take the deal?" A raspy voice spoke up.

Robyn looked over, glancing at Kehlani who still had her eyes closed. "Aren't you supposed to be sleeping?"

Kehlani just shrugged. "I am, don't dodge my question though. Why didn't you take the deal?"

"I'm not ready ta' set foot back in anotha' country yet." She said. Kehlani just starred at her. "Ya' shouldn't be 'ere alone."

Kehlani sat up and moved to lay on Robyn's chest with her arm wrapping around her body. "I understand. I just don't want you missing out on opportunities like this because of me. I can always fly with you." Kehlani said.

Robyn nodded. "Dat company ain't nothin' though. Dey' can get underrated artists 'en make 'em big by advertisement. I don' unda'stand why dey' always wan' mi."

"Maybe because you're a really successful woman in music, acting and fashion. They just want a little recognition."

"Eh. I gotta otha' people who wan' me. I'm jus' waitin' on mi call back so I could come finish de' movie I starring in." Kehlani nodded. She knew Robyn was gonna be leaving sometime later for her new upcoming movie 'Ocean's 8'. It was going to be releasing in 2018 June so they wanted to hurry up and get her parts in before editing everything else.

A phone rang out snapping Rihanna from the TV. She picked up her phone, sighing as she answered.

---------------

"Hello?"

"Robyn!" Rihanna grimaced hearing her manager's voice on the other line surrounded by honking cars. She could suggest she was in New York or worse...LA. She didn't need to be in LA right not.

"What Jennifer, I'm busy with mi familia."

"Yea, that's gonna have to be put on pause. You need to fly out to Seattle asap!"

"What! Why?"

"They need you for a photoshoot." Robyn groaned, rolling her eyes.

"Can't dey' find someone else?"

"No Rihanna it's Dior. You know how much they need you, you still got a 10 year contract." Rihanna whined.

"Ok, fine fuck! I'll be there the next two days."

"No it needs to be tomorrow."

"But-.."

-----------------

Rihanna couldn't get the rest of her words out as the gate buzzed. "She's already 'ere." Rihanna mumbled as the gate buzzed signaling someone (her manager) was coming up and her phone line went dead.

The sliding glass door opened and in walked Jennifer with her phone by her ear, yelling at one of her other artists about being so reckless at a hotel. Robyn felt sorry for whoever it was because when Jennifer was in buisness mode, everything was nothing but serious. She was nothing but seriousness when it came to her clients business. She was the best. That's why Robyn kept her, even when she was a total bitch at times.

As Jen finished up her convesation, Robyn took the time to check on Morgan, picking her up and sitting the baby in her lap. She grabbed the already made bottle and began feeding her. Jen came minutes later and plopped on the couch with a frustrated sigh.

"I fucking hate having new artists."

Robyn glared. No cussing around her daughter.

"Anyways...so Robyn, I already have the private airplane ready for you. I can hire someone to w-..."

"Mmm, no! Dey comin' with me. I'on trust people." Jen nodded going to tap on her phone then sat it back down.

"Cancelled, ok as I was saying. Since they're coming along, then I'll have extra bodyguards around, watching you guys from afar and whatnot while you go in and take pictures with Dior." Rihanna nodded, sounds about right.

"Ok."

"Ok?" Rihanna nodded. "You're gonna need a bag worth of clothes for the 2 days stay."

Jen left a little while after that, making more reservations and paying a visit to other artists while Kehlani laid out on the bed, Morgan playing with her hair and they watched Robyn move around the room, packing and unpacking things.

"We need ta' be set en' ready ta' go befo' Jen gets back in 30 minutes. I'on wan' ha' ass ta' chew me out."

Kehlani glared at hr, but Robyn just waved her off.

"I don't need much, just some jeans and a pair of sweats, my hygiene stuff and a couple of plain shirts. Morgan just needs some onesies and a couple bottles." Robyn nodded, taking in her words and started repacking everything until she finally had Kehlani and Morgan's bags packed. It was her's she had to worry about.

"I don' know if I'm ready fo' dis."

"You'll be ready for this." Kehlani reassured.