Chapter Two

Ms. Pareish pulled into the driveway of her daughters home in Hollywood, California and parked the car. Before Kehlani could get out the car, her mom stopped her.

"Now I know you don't like to be around as much people, and we won't pressure you into doing so. So if you feel like you're getting suffocated just tell us and we'll back off." Kehlani nodded and took in her mom's words.

"Thanks, love you." Kehlani descended from the car and grabbed her backpack. She looked before her eyes.

It was an amazing scenery. There was like a million stairs running up to the front double doors. The sandy brown house was big, massive. Kehlani couldn't figure out it 20 or 80 people lived inside the home. Hopefully under 20 for her anxiety sakes.

Kehlani looked around her.

"I live here?" There was disbelief in her voice as she pointed towards the huge house. Her mother onky chuckled before giving a light nod.

They both walked the stairs until her mother unlocked the door and they stepped in. The inside was even more beautiful. The hallway Kehlani stood at was breathe taking, as well as the grand staircase before her.

 The hallway Kehlani stood at was breathe taking, as well as the grand staircase before her

"Wow." Kehlani breathe. She looked left towards the dining room then right towards the half living room.

An unknown squeal caught Kehlani off guard. "Ahh!! Lani!!" Screamed Edward. He was Kehlani's childhood bestfriend. He had come to visit her in the hospital during that whole week of her being awake and amde sure she didn't forget him, this time.

Edward stood at the top of the stair case.

Kehlani screamed, dropping her bag and running up towards Ed. Meeting him halfway on the stairs and engulfed him into a big hug. She squeezed him tightly, her arms wrapped sround his shoulders and his on her lower back. Both squeezing each other to death.

"Oh my Lord you're finally home. It felt like forever." He gasped in her hair. Kehlani giggled untangling herself from him. They walked back down the stairs.

"I know you ain't about to cry." Kehlani said as she glanced at Edward's emotional face. "Don't be a little bitch."

His bottom lip quivered. "And she knows cuss words. Oh my God, I'm shook." Kehlani reached up and wiped away his fallen tears.

"I've been known cuss words. And I quote you saying my first words when I had woke up was 'Where the fuck am I? What the hell happened? What is this shit? Who are you people?'." Ed busted into a tiny fit of laughter as he nodded.

"That is what you said." He said. Kehlani leaned back and smiled.

"I feel like I've known you for years even though it's been a week." She sighed. Edward nodded his head. A little stung by that comment his best friend made. If only she could remember.

"Ok how about you two go upstairs while I go prepare dinner." Ms. Parrish spoke up catching the thick air between the two with a warm smile.

"Yes, up." Kehlani said. Ed got down on his knees allowing Kehlani to jump on his back. He carried her upstairs, purposely bouning to make her giggle.

"Okay, do you remember who Yani, Kachi are?" He asked her. Kehlani nodded against his shoulder. "And do you remember who Melissa was?" Kehlani nodded again. "What about Kahh?"

"Yes, Edward, damn!" Ed only shook his head and ran to a bedroom. After he kicked the door open, Kehlani screamed loudly as he tossed her on the bed.

"Guess who's back, BITCHES!" He yelled. All three girls, Yani, Kachi and Melissa widened their eyes before going to attack Kehlani with kisses and hugs. It sooned turned into a tickling fit for the 22 year old.

"Oh my-" Kehlani stopped betwen laughter. "Please..." Sh pleased. "I can't-" She stopped again to let out a violent cough. The friends instantly stopped as Kehkani sat up and started coughing uncontrollably. She held onto her side while doing so, making sure to hunch over so she wouldn't have a repeat of last time. After she was done, she sat up, caught her breathe and blinked back the strained tears.

"Oh my gosh Kehlani I'm so sorry."

Kehlani waved Yani off with her hand. "It's okay, I'm used to it. It happens a lot. Please don't be startled by it." She reassured her friends. She looked up at them with red eyes from her forced tears. Her face red and a little bloated.

"Are you sure you're okay? Do we need to go get mama?"

"No no I uh..I gotta go to the bathroom." Kehlani stood up and picked Yani to go with her. Kehlani sat on the toilet as Yani sat in the tub with the curtain closed on her phone.

"I'm real sorry Kehlani." Yani spoke from behind the curtain.

"Yani I said it was fine. It happens all the time. That's why the doctors had me on watch." Kehlani responded then sighed. "It's really not you guys fault."

Yani nodded her head like Kehlani could see her. The toilet flushed and Yani got out just in time to see Kehlani buttoning up the last of her pants. Kehlani looked away flushed and Yani was looked down.

"Sorry."

"It's cool, the nurse accidentally walked in on me without a bra on." Yani laughed. "Yes girl, my tits went flying the other way trying to get away from her ass."

Yani giggled as she watched Kehlani wash her hands. She dried them on the paper towel next to her then threw it away. They hoth walked out, plain looks on their faces. Ed looked at the both of them and smiled.

"Bestfriends reunite." He cheered along with Kachi who sat comfortably int eh hanging chair. Kehlani went to go hug her then Melissa who sat in the purple beanbag.

"But we're missing a person." As soon as those words left Mel's mouth the sound of the front door being open then closed snapped their heads in that direction.