Kai

Shinichi took the hand the strange was offering him with a smile; he didn't have to lose anything so far and from his judgement, the guy seemed more or less harmless - not someone who would kill him for fun, at least. He also smiled that bright smile and Shinichi was, apparently, weak for when good-looking, violet eyed, men did that. As soon as he took the strangers hand, they were off into the strange in a speed Shinichi didn't expect a skateboard to have.

"Are you at least going to tell me where we are headed?", Shinichi asked him, his voice uncharacteristically high. "That, you have to find on your own, detective." And so they went,  two young teenagers shred a skateboard and Shinichi holding onto the taller boy - he was clueless as to how they managed not to kiss the concrete.

The evening before, he chose to read his favorite books instead of sleeping at an acceptable​ time, after that time passed he decided to go on Amazon Kindle and fell into a rabbit whole of reading. That thing became more and more amazing everytime he was on it, but he didn't doubt fir a second that his mother would have killed him if he had an e-reader available as a child. Reading until the dawn wasn't the best thing to do when he had a job interview for the police, but he was never someone to care about the rules. That probably wasn't the best of features to posses as a police officer to be, but his employers didn't need to know that.

Long story short: He chose books over sleep, couldn't wake up for the life of him and ended up being late for his job interview. Megure was fine with that; he solved more enough cases to get the job anyways - the interview was just an necessary formality, it wasn't as if he hadn't solved more than a thousands cases before he even turned 16. The actual problem was with his transport, food and clothing.

He may or may not have in his hurry forgotten to wear a tie and his blouse (?) looking as of it hadn't seen an iron in the last two years which again, may or may not be true. After he was done winning around like a fool, only one leg in the pants, he attempted to have his breakfast drink. That was when he learned not to drink dragon fire hot coffee in less than a minute - or at all. Simply a bad idea, just like his last haircut.

He isn't some train god (despite him loving that particular sex act) that can summon one whenever he needs it, which unfortunately for him, meant that he had to run a few kilometers and still managed to get way too late. And sweaty.

And that is when he met the Kaito boy. He was apparently a good acquaintance of Nakamori; they got talking, Shinichi got a red flower behind his ear he only kept because it was polite and not because, and so not because he liked the attention.

And somehow, here he was, making out with him. He did like that guy.