Part 30

6:24 is the time I wake up at. I had the worst sleep. Fell asleep at 11:00 woke up at 2:00 then 4:20 then 5:00 and now 6:24. But before I had a nice dream about a guy. It wasn't Chandler but I couldn't think of who it was. The guy had no face yet I knew he was smiling and laughing with me. But it's over now. I check my phone and see a text.

Chandler: 'Hi.' I don't reply and walk down stairs to the kitchen and turn on the light.

"Maddi?" I hear a whisper.

"Jake?"

"No it's Hayes." He laughs.

"Oh hi." I spot him at the table eating cereal.

"Sorry but I was hungry." He laughs.

I laugh," it's fine. Um can I ask something?" I sit down next to him.

"Sure what's up?" Hayes looks into my eyes.

"Uh this might sound creepy...but-"

"Huh?"

"At dinner when you smiled at me, why did you look down and look sad?" I blush.

"Oh." Hayes stands up and washes his bowl.

"Yea?" I stay seated.

"Well..." Hayes walks over to me and sits at the edge of his seat. "Well here's the thing. You have a boyfriend Chandler." He quickly says. The name Chandler stings.

"Oh. Uh actually I don't. He dumped me for a girl named Hana." Is all I say. I sit at the edge of my seat too.

"Oh um." He lookes into my eyes and laughs with a wide smile. "Jake told me you did."

"Yea sorry but he lied. He even got mad because I was sad." I laughed too.

"Oh well that's fantastic." He scoots closer.

"Why?" I ask leaning in smiling.

"Because." Hayes looks into my eyes and is centimeters away. "I think I like you." He decreases the amount of space between us. Hayes lips are touching mine. Masking for a kiss. I kiss him as he kisses back. His hand touches my face. I feel fireworks but I pull back. I clear my throat.

"I'm sorry." Hayes scratches his neck and walks to the door.

"No it's fine. I actually think I like you too." I giggle.

"Is that so?" He turns his head and laughs a bit. Then he's gone.

"Maddi?"

I turn to see pops smiling. "Yea?" I quickly say.

"So Hayes now huh?" Pops smiles and raises his eyebrows.

"Uh what?" I'm so in trouble.

"You like Hayes now. And Hayes likes you?"

"Well I guess. Heh but wait you were watching us?!" I walk over to him.

"Sorry?" He asks.

"Dad!" I shout.

"Ok I am sorry. I should respect your privacy. " he walks out. "But I think you've made the right choice!" He calls. I look down and laugh to myself.

"Yea, I think I have." I say to myself.