4: Scared

They had another concert today and Frank was unsure of it. It was only a couple of hours until performance, but he knew the day was just going to drag out. By checking his watch, the guitarist discovered it was quite late already, so he forced himself to get up. Everything felt like it was spinning as he stood up because he'd gotten up too fast. Sighing, Frank rubbed his eyes, finding Mikey, Ray, Bob and Brian all facing him with blank expressions. To be honest, it was slightly creepy. They were all staring at him like he had five heads. "What's up?" He asked, feeling uncomfortable, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

Ray, who had his arms folded over his chest as he leaned against the wall, spoke up first, "we need to talk."

Frank attempted at lightening the damp mood. "If I was a girl, I'd think you were all breaking up with me."

Still, they all kept straight faces, which continued to worry Frank. Mikey cleared his throat, switching his gaze from Frank to stare at his hands. "We found. . ." He paused, taking a deep breath. "We found cocaine in one of Gerard's suits."

He knew it didn't really matter at that moment. But, he asked anyway, "why were you looking through his clothes in the first place?"

"Don't stand up for him." Bob said, earning a scowl from Frank.

The guitarist was about to reply when Brian took the opportunity first. "We weren't looking through his clothes. Mikey was tidying the tour bus a little when he picked up Gerard's jackets. . . And they fell out." He explained, getting an "oh" from Frank, who just hung his head. "We know you're closest to him-"

"Mikey's his brother for crying out loud." Frank pointed out, gesturing to the bassist with his eyebrows raised, knowing exactly what he was about to tell him to do. "I can't talk to Gee. What if I screw things up and he hates me? What if. . . I don't know. Just. . . Get Mikey to talk to him. I can't do it." He had no idea why he refused so strongly. It wasn't that he didn't particularly want to confront Gerard, it was the fact he might screw up their friendship.

If Mikey talked to him, it would be different because they were brothers and Gerard would be more likely to listen to his own brother.

Ray shook his head. "No, Frank. We need you. It's highly likely he'll listen to you more."

"Why? Why me? What's so special about me?" The guitarist glared, crossing his arms over his chest defensively.

Mikey sighed, putting his head in his hands for a brief moment before answering, "you're his best friend. If it was me talking, he'd think I was against him because we're brother's. With a best friend it means something."

"I don't get it. He'd think I was against him too. What the difference?" Frank huffed.

Brian opened his mouth, ready to explain further, but all of their heads darted to the door as it opened, revealing a dark eyed, messy haired Gerard, who stumbled in carelessly, a wide smirk on his face.

"Hey." He slurred, brushing the hair from his face. Gerard was completely oblivious to what was going on as he trudged past, collapsing sideways on to his bunk.

They knew non of them could carry on the conversation now, which let Frank off the hook. Four of them nodded to each other, getting up and leaving the tour bus in silence. Mikey stayed behind for a second, shooting a look at Frank, one that meant he had to talk to him.

Sitting down, Frank let out a groan of frustration, scratching his head, making his hair tangled. He heard glass shatter from behind, which startled him, causing him to jump slightly and whip around to see what had happened.

There was a broken beer bottle on the floor, Gerard's hand was hanging off the side of the bed. Gerard had passed out and allowed the bottle to fall from his grasp.