Iris nodded in response before turning to the front of the classroom towards the teacher who was explaining what the class would be doing for the next hour.

"Get started." Mr Banner requested. The class, once again was filled with a calm chatter.

"Ladies first, partner." Iris insisted gesturing towards the microscope and the box on their desk. The instructions were simple, each table had to name every mitosis sample given to them before the hour ended.

Edward let out a laugh drawing the attention of other students that sat around the duo before reaching for the box and snapping the first slide under the microscope. He barely took a glance into the microscope before figuring out his answer.

"Anaphase."

"Are you sure about that. You took a two second glance." Iris observed as Edward shook his head at her with smile.

"I'm sure." Instead of arguing with him she wrote down his answer on her sheet and went to have her turn. Back at the Institute she had taken eleven classes everyday, half of them were mundane subjects like Chemistry, Biology and Geometry while the other half where supernatural classes like Knowledge which was were students went to learn how to hold discipline over their powers by learning everything about them. 

Students took the class to discover, reshape or deepen the knowledge of their magic. Because of those mundane classes she wasn't completely in dark on what to do.

"Prophase." Iris concluded.

"Do you mind if I check." Edward asked and was met with an eye roll from Iris.

"You don't trust my knowledge." Iris joked. Edward shrugged in response and took a glance into the eye of the microscope before writing his answer down.

"Was I wrong." Iris continued.

"You weren't wrong." Edward replied looking at Iris his smile still intact. The two continued with sharing laughs and completing the work early. The rest of the hour consisted of the two talking. Iris didn't think talking to him would be this easy but she was glad it was.

_____________________________

Sebastian

Laying on the grounds of La Push beach was not how Sebastian thought he would be spending his day. He had decided to stay back from school because he didn't want to have to deal with Iris and Edward's obsessive inner monologue. 

'Oh what should I do. Will she still be mad.' 'Should I try and talk to her.' "Will he even show up.' He knew that was what he would hear from both of them if he went to school and he didn't want another migraine.

Sighing he sat up and roamed his eyes around the beach which was almost deserted besides a few people here and there. His eyes stopped at a little girl and her mother playing at the edge of water. 

He often wondered how he would have grown up if he was human. He wouldn't have to deal with demons trying to kill him most his life, or extreme hours of training and studying at the Institute but he also wouldn't have his family, his friends or his purpose in life.