That night, sleeping wasn't any easier.

There was no storm, but there might as well have been. I couldn't sleep as I laid there, my head tilted to watch Raven sleep. He was finally getting some sleep. He stayed up and waited until I was asleep before he slept, he was woken up by my nightmares and had to deal with my fits. I was an immature little brat half the time and I acted on impulse.

Raven put up with all of it and he still loved me.

I felt guilty for putting him through all of it and it was only going to get worse from here on out. I cringed at the thought, then rolled over on my side, snuggling up against Raven, who murmured something in his sleep before wrapping his arms around me.

He buried his face against my hair, sighing quietly in his sleep. I continued to watch him sleep, wondering what was going to happen next.

Would I just live until the pups were born and die instantly? Was it going to be slow and painful? What would I name my pups? How many were there? I'd seen one of the females in our pack give birth to four. The thought made me cringe. How did it work with a male?

I let my hand drift over my stomach. It was still flat, nothing felt different. All the same. Yet, I had a feeling that it would all change. Whether that spell of vomiting was from pregnancy or maybe just the nausea of watching someone die, it still unnerved me.

It didn't help that I felt guilty over Styx.

I know he was cruel. I know he was completely mad, but it wasn't his fault. He was driven into insanity because of how much he loved me. He resorted to anything to be with me and it stung to know that in return, I had killed him.

I suddenly felt even worse and squeezed my eyes shut, resisting the urge to cry. I felt so out of whack right now. I wanted to sleep so badly, but I couldn't. I ended up staying awake the entire night, listening to crickets and birds chattering in the morning.

My eyelids felt heavy as I lay there, watching Raven shift a little as he started to wake up. It was slow at first, watching his eyelids flutter. He paused to stare back at me sleepily, then he smiled and curled closer around me, closing his eyes again. I rolled my eyes, but smiled tiredly anyway.

Unfortunately, our sleep was ruined by someone banging on the front door. Raven opened his eyes and looked at me in confusion, which I mirrored, until his eyes widened as if he were realizing something.

"Shit!" He cursed and threw himself out of the bed, scrambling into a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. I frowned, sitting up as he struggling to pull his shirt down.

"Raven, that's the wrong shirt."

"I know that!"

"Then why do you keep trying to put it on?"

"Get your clothes on, hurry!"

"What? Why-"

"I forgot I invited someone over! Come on!" Raven hissed. I blinked, then got out of the bed and obeyed, tugging on my clothes and handing Raven a shirt that was actually his, and not mine. He scrambled out the door ahead of me and I just trudged behind, watching him disappear down the stairs.

Jeez, who did he invite over that he wanted to see so much? I felt a twinge of jealousy and scowled at myself for it before I came to the top of the stairs, rubbing my eyes sleepily as my parents came down the stairs too, curious.

Raven finally got to the door and threw it open, greeting the prettiest man I had ever seen.

Was it possible for a man to be pretty and still be a man? Yes. Because this man was the very definition of it.