Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen (Aidan's POV)

"I cannot believe you left, again!"

I expected this to happen- again. Zaid made it his duty to yell at us every time we did something we weren't supposed to. Even grounding wasn't working anymore and of course, he was strictly against hitting people. Just thinking about it made my jaw hurt from the time Scythe had slapped me, but I deserved that, so I made no complaint.

I just sat there on the sofa, wearing sweatpants and sweatshirt, holding a hot mug of mint tea in my hands as Zaid went on.

"You could've been killed! You're lucky Raven was there to help you! Even though he was grounded too." Zaid added, glaring at Raven, who averted his eyes. Scythe just stayed silent, his arms folded over his chest as he studied me curiously. He knew something was up.

But he didn't know that I knew about the pregnancy thing.

Goddess, I wanted to bring it up. I wanted to ask what to do. Was the fact that I puked early because of it or was it something else? How did I know? What do I do? It was driving me insane, but I know they would kill us if they found out.

"All right," Zaid finished, rubbing his temples, "Forget it. I want to ground you, but it obviously didn't work the first time. So what am I supposed to do with you guys? I can't just let you run around and get into trouble like that." He looked more concerned now that he'd finished his rant.

I nibbled my lower lip and looked at Raven, who just nodded his head as if giving me permission to tell them what had happened. I took a deep breath and started to explain why we were outside in the first place. Of course, as soon as I got to the whole Raven told me I was pregnant part, Scythe paled and Zaid looked stricken.

"You weren't supposed to tell him until we had everyone, and to wait until we were sure." He said, looking at Raven, who shook his head.

"It isn't Cal. He's been with Rylan tons of times and he's not pregnant yet, so it's Aidan. And you guys were never going to tell him, so I had to tell him myself." Raven explained quietly. I didn't say anything, just sat there and watched my parents share nervous looks before looking at me.

"I'm not mad," I replied honestly, "I mean, I was... But I think I'm more scared than I am mad." Zaid looked pained.

"Aidan, I'm so sorry. The same thing happened to me and I didn't want it to either... I was freaking out the entire two months, and after." He admitted quietly. I looked at him for a while, then averted my eyes.

"But you didn't die." I managed.

"You won't die." Zaid answered, but he sounded like he was fighting back tears. After a while of just sitting there in silence, he finally got up and left. Scythe looked at us as he rose to his feet.

"Both of you are grounded and I'll make sure Alek and Kylan are watching you two to make sure you don't leave the house. We'll talk more later." He ordered, then followed Zaid out of the room. I let out a deep sigh, burying my face in my hands.

I felt Raven's hand on my back, rubbing slow circles in comfort. I looked up at him.

"I don't know what to do and they're mad at me, I know they are." I groaned. Raven slid into the space beside me, putting his arms around me tightly. I let him hug me and rested against his chest, hearing his heart pounding in his chest.

"They're not mad, Aidan, they're scared. We all are." He murmured, stroking my hair. I squeezed my eyes shut, trying not to think about it, but it was impossible.

I was going to die.

There was nothing we could do about it.

I was so scared, I was calm about it. I wasn't shaking or screaming anymore. It was like the final decision was made and you knew you couldn't fight it. I just sat there with my head against Raven's chest, listening to his heart beat as he cradled me.