Azula (no. 6)

Twenty five years have come and gone since the end of the Hundred Year War, and the Fire Nation worked tirelessly to give it's forcefully occupied colonies back to the people who once lived there. These lands would go on to be called the United Republic of Nations. The relations between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom are strained as it is, but reports returned to Firelord Zuko of a band of mercenaries cutting off supply routes and robbing caravans. This was not uncommon, but a prisoner, who willingly turned themselves in, claimed to have knowledge on the mercenary group and their leader as well as leverage against some of the world's most dangerous criminals and benders.

Firelord Zuko walked with Avatar Aang and entered a hatch in the distant forests east of the new nation. Toph Beifong awaited them at the end of a long metal corridor, safely assumed to be underground. The hall was covered in doors, each room holding some of the most dangerous criminals in the world. Avatar Aang and Firelord Zuko named this prison The Factory.

"You're late, Twinkle Toes, Zuko." Toph said with a particularly sour bite in her voice.

"Mind telling me what was so important that both Aang and I had to be here?" Zuko impatiently asked Toph.

She shook her head and continued to walk with her head high and her back straight. Toph had already come to terms with her authoritative command and took it upon herself to take charge over the law enforcement of the new nation. Most metalbenders that Toph trained followed in her example and joined the force. Only her most trusted and experience benders, though, were allowed to enter the Factory.

"I think what Zuko means is that we haven't been called to the Factory in almost ten years." Aang added. "At least, we haven't been called so abruptly."

"The situation is different than most." Toph said. "You're aware that a prisoner turned themselves in recently?"

"I'm aware." Zuko replied.

"Says they have information on the Ki Cabal, among other cases." Toph stopped at a large metal door at the end of the hall, four metalbenders keeping post around the room. Toph turned and kept her eyes forward. "I'm not going to sugar coat this for you ladies. This prisoner is one of the most dangerous and manipulative we've ever faced."

"So we know them?" Aang asked, to which Top nodded silently. Aang rubbed his head, thinking back to all of the people they had fought against in the past twenty five years. Many came up, but none stood out.

"She says she will only speak with Zuko." Toph said, crossing her arms and rolling her eyes. "Normally I would have told her no way, but...well you'll see."

"So why is Aang here?" Zuko asked.

Toph turned away and with a single swipe of her arm opened the door. Inside the room made both Aang and Zuko go defensive. The room was completely bare other than a bed and a toilet. There were no windows and only a single air duct mere inches in diameter. In the middle of the room sat a woman all too familiar with the men. Her once long black hair was now cut and barely reached her shoulders. She wore a straight jacket, and menacing aura of murder still filled the air, but something was different. She looked up to see the man and smiled. She stood and stretched her legs before speaking. "Hello, Zuzu. Avatar. Long time no see."

"Azula..." Zuko growled. His fists clenched and his demeanor changed to anger.

"What do you want, Azula?" Aang asked.

"No. That's not how this works." Azula sharply replied. "You two aren't players in this game. I speak with Zuko, or I don't speak at all."

Aang placed his hand on Zuko's shoulder and pulled him aside. "Are you sure about this? We can't trust anything she says."