There had always been debates on the future of the world. Theories like over-population, increasing in the production of Artificial Intelligence, and improvement of technology was something discussed by everyone. Some talked of vehicles while others disagreed with Environmental topics. The years went by, and there was no real change. The world was still trying to modernize, destroying the nature and failing.

There was something that was unknown to the people of Earth. Something that had been there from the very start and would continue to cultivate like a lush field of grass growing in the backyard of a landscaper. But who could have blamed them? The distractions had allowed the mystery to stay mysterious. And that's what changed it all.

You see, there is planning in every crime, whether its big or small. Most of the time, criminals are a lot smarter than many would predict. And this is what the survivors of this dystopian world knew not of. Everything was right under their noses. But who even cares to look down there?

Now, this young girl was stuck in between time. She knew that her days would be filled with agony. Her surviving days, at least. Still, she didn't know many things. She didn't know she was important.

A door opened behind the girl and a tall woman wearing a white lab coat walked out of the building. The woman didn't walk too far towards the girl. She had stopped just before the concrete met the moist grass.

Though she seemed to have made up her mind in walking farther than the distance she had already traveled, her thin body arched forward and her left foot clicked on the concrete from her black heels.

"You there!" she whispered, sharply. She couldn't have made a louder sound, for the monsters had already seen the light from the building and a mere screech could agitate them all to the point of breaking the fence. If that were to ever happen, not even she would be able to guarantee her own survival.

The girl, however, had been far more than just used to the creatures and she sat closer to the fence than the building, paying no attention to the woman behind her.

The woman, after getting no answer in return, decided to call again. Her expression anxious because even though she knew was protected by the fences, the fear of it breaking worried her greatly.

"Listen here, young lady!" she called once more, raising her voice ever so slightly. "This is the twentieth time this month! Its dangerous and your presence is needed indoors. If you do-"

The fences rattled. More of the creatures had found their way to the territory of the living and the sudden noise had made them curious.

The lady bit her bottom lip, erasing some of the bright red lipstick that coloured it.

It had gotten darker and even though the lights from inside the windows were covered by curtains and blinds, compared to all the darkness, the building stood vibrantly discoverable.

The woman was now furious. Breaking her personal sworn oath of the boundaries, she allowed herself to move past the concrete and onto the grass, towards the girl with the hood.

Meanwhile, the rebellious teen smirked at the sound of the black heels leaving the concrete and hitting the wet dirt. She pushed her head back, stretching her legs the opposite way, exposing her naked skin to the open air once again. It was cooler than the day due to the recent shower of rain, but the teen had decided to stay in her small black shorts and her oversized hoodie anyways.

"You know, ma'am... those heels really do look nice on you." the fifteen-year old teased. Her voice was quiet but intimidating.

The woman was now standing above her and she did not look happy.