1 - The Breakup

A/N- I LOVE ANNABETH BUT PERCABETH CANT BE A THING IN THIS STORY OKAY, OKAY BYE

Also, just a quick warning, I have a feeling this story will not be the most well written piece of work but I hope you like it anyway and maybe I'll get back to it later when I have more time/energy um yeah

-------

1

The way Percy found out was actually kind of ridiculous. And very predictable.

Nico felt like he was in one of those stupid teen romance novels (not that he would know, it's not like he's ever read one...), the ones where the girl has a crush and the crush finds out and then they live happily ever after.

Except Nico's a boy. And so is Percy.

It wasn't really a big deal, it was the twenty first century, and lots of mortals accepted it, and considering they were both Greek demigods it definitely wasn't the weirdest thing to happen to them.

The only problem was Annabeth. Tall, tan, blonde, daughter of Athena, female. Everything Nico thought Percy could ever want. Nico was the complete opposite of course. Male, son of Hades, black hair, pale with bags under his eyes. Yeah. The comparison isn't great.

It wasn't even Nico's fault that he had a crush on Percy. Oh, no, it was all the stupid son of Poseidon's fault. With his stupid beautiful dark hair and tan skin and dreamy green eyes. Yeah.

The only person who knew about Nico's crush and sexual orientation was the son of Jupiter, Jason, and since Jason couldn't seem to stay out of Nico's business, he ranted to him about Percy.

And eventually Jason accidentally told his girlfriend, Piper. Piper was ecstatic, being the daughter of Aphrodite. She immediately started making plans with Nico to get Percy to notice him.

Nico was pissed at Jason, to say the least. When Piper first ran up to him, spouting crap about getting Percy a bouquet, Nico nearly beheaded Jason. The only reason he didn't was because of Piper's charmspeaking.

In Piper's excitement, she accidentally told her entire cabin. When one of the Aphrodite kids found Nico and started talking about shipping him and Percy on somewhere called tumblr, Nico nearly took Piper's eye out. He was furious again.

From there, it spread around the camp, and soon everyone knew but the lovebirds themselves, Percy and Annabeth. There were very few that didn't accept Nico, surprisingly enough, and they came around eventually. Most didn't care.

When Annabeth broke up with Percy, Nico was happier than ever, and started hanging around the camp more, now that he didn't have to avoid the painfulness of seeing the one you love be with someone else.

Nico found Percy in his cabin a week later, still in bed and staring at a wall. Of course Percy would be upset about this, Nico mentally slapped himself. He loved her. Nico sat down to talk to him.

"Perce... I, um... I heard about-" Nico tried to ease into it, but Percy quickly cut him off.

"Yeah." He said sharply. Nico sighed.

"Um... Do you uh... You look like you might want a hug?" It was a statement but Nico phrased it as a question. Percy stared at him for a moment, and then he was launching himself into Nico's arms, and despite the circumstances, Nico found his heart racing and his whole body tingling and he smiled hugely.

"Nico... I don't think... I don't think I love her anymore..." Percy said quietly when they had parted.

"Y-You don't?" Nico stuttered, heart racing with hope. He shut himself down quickly. No Nico. That's bad. He just broke up with his girlfriend, for Hades' sake.

"I... um... I'm just kind of confused now... maybe scared. I don't know what to do without her." Percy said. Nico didn't know what to say to that, so he just patted Percy's back awkwardly and make a stupid joke about blue food and hippocampi. Percy gave him a smile though, and they launched into a conversation that made them seem like the best of friends.