When it Rains it Pours

It had been a week since I had learned about the pack. A week since I found out that I was bound forever to the boy I loved. The whole situation was strange, but I wouldn't change any of it. Well aside from the vampires running all over the face of the earth in secret. I was sitting at home and decided to run over to see Jacob and Billy. As soon as I had met Billy I new that he was a fantastic person. He's funny, sarcastic, and genuinely a kind man. Jacob is lucky to have him as a father. I can only wish to have been able to have met his mother. She must have been wonderful the way they both speak of her.

I decided I would drive the short two miles to Jacobs house simply because it was beginning to rain, and once the rain starts in Forks it rarely ends quickly.

When I made it over there I noticed a new to me truck sitting out front. It was an old rusty red ford truck. One of those vehicles you see in a wreck that doesn't even have its paint scratched while the other vehicle is totaled. I figured it must have been one Jake was fixing up.

I made my way to the front door and knocked.

"Caroline! So good to see you! Jacob is in the shop I think." Billy smiled at me.

"Okay thanks Billy!" I said back walking back down the steps and around back to the garage. Thinking about it, this is where I should've looked first.

As I got closer I could hear a females voice. This confused me because the only girl I knew Jacob was around was Leah and they would never be around each other unless required.

"So have you imprinted on anyone?" The girl asked quietly hoping for an answer she wouldn't receive.

Jacob paused a little too long. I had a bad feeling about what he would say next.

"You would know if I had." Jacob said in return not knowing I was standing out back.

I quickly turned on my heal and ran back to my truck. Jacob had heard the crunch of gravel and realized that I had heard everything he had just said. He ran out and screamed my name but it didn't matter. I was in love with a boy who had just denied my existence to a girl I didn't even know had been coming around. I didn't realize a soul mate was one that would hurt you so intentionally.

I didn't know where to go other than Sam and Emily's. They were the only ones I could talk to about the whole thing and the only ones that knew how strong an imprint bond was.

As I drove I cried. I screamed. I could feel my heart breaking. And there was nothing that could help me. And the boy I wanted to hold me and tell me everything was okay, was the boy that had just caused the damage.

I finally made it to Sam and Emily's and ran inside with tears streaming down my face.

Sam must have known something was wrong because he came running out of his room and straight to hugging me closely to his chest.

"Oh Caroline, what's wrong sis?" He asked sweetly.

"Some girl was with Jacob." I sobbed, "She asked if he had an imprint I heard her before they knew I was there and he told her that she would know if he did." I cried louder

Sam growled "I'm going to kill him." And left me with Emily to take care of me.

"Oh honey, let me make you some hot chocolate and get you some clothes, you're freezing and soaking wet." She cooed

I nodded at her and followed her to the spare bedroom.

"Change into these clothes and then lie down and rest." She said and I could tell that it wasn't an offer, it was an order.

I did as told and drifted into oblivion, ignoring the fact that my heart felt like it had just fallen out of my chest.