XXXIV

Song List:
Chasing Cars-Snow Patrol

.

.

-Naomi-

.

.

When I wake up, everyone is already heading out the door. We're in the truck instantly, it packed with a bunch of shit that looks very unnecessary. I'm sitting in the front seat next to Dylan and the girls in the back.

I lean against the window, a small, tight pain gnawing at my stomach. Dylan continuously glances at me every now and then, making me roll my eyes. So far I've been containing the 'hunger' and been keeping my mouth shut.

Elena hasn't talked to me, I know she's mad at me. And if she isn't she's just staying away from me. Which is good.

When we get to the warehouse, we all quickly jump out of the truck and head inside. Once Dylan slides open the door we all stand there, frozen. It's empty.

Completely empty.

"Dylan?" Taylor whispers, her voice shaky.

"I-I-" He shakes his head before walking inside. "Dad!? Dad!"

"Dad!" Taylor joins, shouting loudly. "Dad!"

"Adam!" Elena walks inside, following Taylor.

I furrow my brows before walking inside. As I step foot inside, I hear a very quiet tapping sound. I look around, trying to see if anybody else notices. But they're still shouting for Adam.

"Uncle Chris!" Taylor shouts.

The tapping sound begins to get louder, "Do you guys hear that?"

Dylan turns to me, brows still furrowed. "Hear what? I hear nothing! They're not here."

"It-It's a tapping sound." I turn around when it gets louder again.

"I can't focus on a fucking tapping sound when my dad isn't here!" He shouts at me, but it doesn't faze me.

I walk towards the spiral staircase and look up it. "It's coming from up here," I mutter before running up the stairs.

"Naomi?" Taylor follows me quickly.

When I get up the stairs, I stop dead in my tracks. Taylor stops abruptly behind me, furrowing her brows at the back of my head before looking ahead.

An old woman is sitting at a rusted table, tapping her long, sharp nails on the top. Her gray hair is ratted and messy, her black dress is torn and shredded, and her face is all wrinkly.

"Hello." Her voice is raspy and harsh.

"Hi," Taylor responds.

"Taylor," I hit her side and she hisses at me. "Who are you?"

"My name... is Maiette." She states.

"Naomi!" Elena comes running up the stairs, bumping into Taylor. "What the hell?"

"Shh!" Taylor pats Elena.

"Where's Adam?" I ask. "Christian?"

"Not here, of course." Maiette slowly turns her head towards us and my eyes widen at her.

Taylor grips onto my wrist in fear. "Where are they?" I ask.

"She took them."

"Who?" Elena barks.

"Natasha."

"Fuck." I cuss before rubbing my hands over my face.

Taylor, being Taylor, goes around me, towards the old woman and slams her hands on the table. "Where did she take them!?"