Coming Home

Simon was sitting on a bed in Alex's lavish penthouse, his head back against a pillow, his face contorting when the noise from the other room got too loud. Simon knew exactly what was going on in the other room. At one point he had gone to the door and peaked outside, only to find Alex on a fluffy white chair, his head in his hands, while Michal was preaching the gospel to him. Simon couldn't stand to see this so he had gone back into Alex's room and laid down. 

Alex massaged his temples, the noise starting to cause a headache. "I can't believe this, how can someone who owns a multi-million dollar company be the stupidest person I've ever met. You know what?" Michal asked walking over to the liqueur cabinet. 

"Oh come on Michal, at least leave the good stuff for special occasions," Alex begged, leaning his head back to look at the ceiling. He looked up to see Michal taking a swig of scotch before pouring the bottle down the sink. "Not the Royal Salute, you know that cost ten grand!" Alex said, surrendering as Michal poured all the bottles in the cabinet down the drain. Alex groaned in displeasure. "No, you know what, you're right, I can't handle it, it needs to go. We'll stick to beer from now on."

"Sure we will," Michal said moving to the refrigerator. He grabbed the garbage can, and with one arm swiped all of the bottles into the can, causing a loud clattering sound.

"Oh my god," Alex wined, running his hand through his hair as he gazed towards the ceiling. He knew Michal was right, but not drinking was something he'd never done before. Alex finally gave up, moving away from the open space towards the living quarters and checked in on Simon. "Hey kid, how're you?" he asked in a soft, husky voice. 

"I'd be better if it didn't sound like we were having an earthquake," Simon said, smiling at Alex. Alex chuckled, moving in to sit on the bed. Simon immediately looked down from Alexto his hands, picking at the skin of his palm. 

"Hey now," Alex said, prying Simon's hands away from each other. "I know you're nervous around me, but you shouldn't mess your hands up. About this whole thing, I think that you should stay here as long as you want, but what's going on between us, I don't think its good. And just in case you were wondering, Michal is currently throwing away every drop of alcohol here, so we- I won't be causing any more trouble. I'm sorry for being awful," Alex said, falling to a mumble in the end. He stood up and left the room, making Simon even more uncomfortable, because now he was alone, again. He hated the feeling of being isolated, and it was happening again. 

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Hey, guys. In case you didn't know, this story has very infrequent updates due to my busy schedule. Let me know what you think. 

-Takumi