dead inside

Jugheads POV:

I waited for Veronica to come back. I was having fun, especially with her. I went upstairs to go see if she was up there, but instead I find the unexpected. Betty and Archie, sleeping. Together. I walked in and saw clothes everywhere. Poor Veronica, I thought to myself. Remembering the reason I came up here in the first place. I looked in everyroom. No Veronica. I knocked on the bathroom door. "Who is it?" Said the person in the bathroom. "Veronica?" I asked. I heard footsteps and opening the door is Veronica, in tears. I wanted to hug her so bad, but before I could, she hugged me. I hugged her back and started smiling. Even though there was nothing to be smiling about. Archie had cheated on Veronica and that's something I'd never forgive him for. "Wanna get outa here?" I asked her. "Yes. I can't stay here any longer. But can we go to your place, it's 12:00A.M I can't go home?" She asked me. I nodded yes, because Veronica needed me right now. So we walked to my trailer.

Veronica's POV:
Jughead was being so nice to me. After what I had experienced, I really needed someone. Jughead. He was nice enough to let me stay at his trailer since his dad was in jail. "You take the bed, I'll crash on the couch." He told me. "No,no it's fine I'll take the couch." I said to him. "How about you sleep on the left side and I'll sleep on the right side?" Jughead answered. With a big smile in relief I nodded my head. I couldn't sleep alone tonight. Jughead lied down and I layed down after. I felt safe, but I still replayed that moment in my head. I started crying and I grabbed onto Jugheads shirt. He hugged me like he didn't care or notice. I was lucky, lucky to be here. Especially with Jughead.

Jugheads POV
I woke up the next morning,trying not to wake Veronica. I quietly went into the kitchen to make coffee, one for me and one for Veronica. I thought maybe it might be time to tell her. But, right now she was heartbroken, and I couldn't tell her. The most important thing right now is her being safe. I hear footsteps from the room. "Morning Veronica!" I say to her. "Hey Jughead, um I was wondering if I could shower here?" She asked me looking curious. She was cute when she was curious. "Yea sure that's fine, um here I actually went and bought you some shampoo just in case you wanted to shower." I responded to her. I lied the shampoo was my mom's from a few years back, but Veronica didn't have to know that." Ok, thanks. Um is there a towel I could use?" She asked. I pointed to the one on the door,she ran over to grab it,she looked back and smiled. God I loved her smile. While I waited, I heard her singing from the bathroom. I'm guessing she was still drunk. I just smiled and went on with making the coffee.

Veronica's POV:
"Oh shit!" I yelled out. I nearly dropped the shampoo Jughead had given me. He was nice enough to go buy it for me. While I was showering I replayed the moment once again. Like I was living a nightmare. I thought to myself,is this what it feels like when your dead inside? Maybe, that's what I was. Dead inside, and replaying the moment just kept me alive. But it just made me cry. I put on some music to distract myself. I sang like no one was home, but I could already see Jughead smiling at me when I got out. There it was, the feeling. I feel like I'm safe around him. I think I like Jughead. But if I do why haven't I told him? He's been doing so many nice things for me. Maybe he likes me too. Right now I have stay focused on forgetting Archie. And forgetting who I thought was my so called best friend. Betty wasn't drunk, she did it on purpose. And that I'd never forgive her for.