Chapter Twenty-Nine- A Deal with the Devil

Abigail's Point of View

"Sweetie, there's no other option," my father said.

"Don't sweetie me!" I shouted angrily. "Don't pretend like we love each other. You're just my deadbeat, lying sperm donor! And now you want me to risk myself to lure some psycho out? I'm a mother now! I can't do this for you."

My mother was crying into my fathers arms still. I sneered at her for sobbing when she knew what was bound to happen.

"You have to," the old man griped. "It's the only way to get them out of hiding. You said you're a mother. Do this for your children. They'll never be safe with the Jamison's alive."

"No, no, no! This isn't my life! A year ago, I was a waitress with no relationships that mattered. Now, I'm a mother of twin boys and in love. I have to think of them. I won't," I refused.

They all really had some nerve asking this if me. I should let them all rot.

"Abby darling," my mother pulled away from my father to come over to me. I flinched when she reached out to touch me.

She quivered at my expression of hurt and betrayal.

"They'll kill them," she whispered. "They'll kill your babies to get to you. They've done it before."

"Don't threaten my children mother!"

"It's true Abigail," the old man cut in.

"What do you mean they've done it before?" I remembered mother's last words.

"I wasn't an only child Abby," mother confessed sadly. "I had a little sister."

She grimaced before turning away.

"I had a sister named Lucy," my mother said. My eyes widened. "She was three years younger than me. She was my best friend. We did everything together. One day, we were playing in a field not far from our house, with the guards watching us. One of the guards was working for the Jamison's. He lured Lucy into the woods. I couldn't find her, so I screamed for dad. They found her body a few hours later."

My heart dropped. I had an aunt. One of who was killed as a child.

"How old was she?" I whispered softly.

"Eight," my mother replied. "I was eleven."

"This is why you have to do it Abigail," the old man emphasized. "You're the heir to my fortune. I need you and your children alive. They want you. They won't hurt you Abigail."

"Do you even realize what you're asking me for?" I demanded an answer. "You're asking me to put my life on the line, but more importantly, you're asking me to put my children at risk of not having a mother. They don't need to grow up like I did. Without one parent."

I said the last part with venom directed exactly at my father. He flinched before looking away.

The old man nodded his head.

"I know what I'm asking of you Abigail," he began. "But it's for the good of your children and our family dynasty."

"Fuck the dynasty!" I screamed. My mother's eyes widened dramatically. "I don't care about your fucking dynasty old man! I had no idea you existed for my entire life, and now that I do know, I wish I didn't. So fuck you and your stupid family dynasty crap."

"I didn't want to have to do this Abigail," the old man whispered eerily. "But you leave me no choice."

I heard movement from behind me before I whipped around. A guard was sneaking up behind me with a cloth which I assumed to be chloroform.

I backed myself into a corner, so I could see from all angles.

"What the fuck Francesco?" My father gritted out.

"It's for her own good," the old man replied quietly. "Take her away. We'll set the trap and drop her there."

"No!" My mother cried out. "You said this wouldn't happen this way!"

"Things have changed Caroline. Apparently, your daughter no longer has loyalties to her own blood," the old man glared at me.

"Screw you! You're nothing but a shriveled up waste of space. I won't let you take me," I spit.

"Oh?" The old man said ominously. "Not even for your precious Nicolaus?"

My heart dropped.

"They're at the warehouse we sent you to. And so are my guards ready to kill him and your little family unless you help us."

"You're evil," I whispered in horror as a video came on in the background. I could see Nicolaus and his entire family searching the warehouse.

"I give the word and boom. They're dead," the old man said.

"You won't hurt them if I help you?" I wanted to make sure I understood all the terms to this agreement.

"Absolutely not," he grinned. "Why would I want to hurt my granddaughter's other family?"

He was insane. Crazy. I couldn't handle it.

"Fine, but after I help you, you will all leave us alone. I never want to see you again," I set my terms to the agreement.

"Abby," the old man cut my mother off.

"It's alright Caroline," he said. "She will change her mind, but for now, I'll agree to it."

"You'd better. Or else this whole thing is off the table. I'll let Nicolaus kill you," I threatened.

"Feisty just like your grandmother," the old man grinned.

"Let's get you suited up Abigail."

I couldn't believe I'd just agreed to a deal with the most dangerous man in the world.

********************************************

Nicolaus's Point of View

We searched the entire warehouse, but came up empty handed.

"Where the fuck did they take her?" Dylan delivered several punches to the guards stomach.

We figured there would be guards and an ambush waiting for us, so I called back up and reinforcements. Dylan was pissed because his wife loved Abigail, and his wife was upset about everything, so he volunteered his men and services.

We were quickly able to disengage the ambush and kill most of the guards, taking a few as prisoners to question.

"I already told you!" The guard shouted, blood dripping from his mouth. "I don't know!"

"Well, I know that's a lie," I said as I came up to him. "There's a video camera in there filming our every move probably reporting back to your boss. But don't worry. We've been putting on a good show for them."

"How about we give him a little more incentive," I smirked evilly. Bastard knew where my Abigail was and wasn't telling me.

I had one of my men unzip his pants and grab a knife. He held it to the bloodied guards dick.

"NO!" The guard shouted, blood spewing everywhere. "I'll tell you! I swear! Just don't do this to me!"

"Go on."

He gave us the address before we slit his throat. No one would stop me from getting my love back. Not even Francesco Moretti.

****************************************************************************************

Hello all! Thank you for being so patient while I've been struggling to put chapters out. It's been two years, but I finally feel back on track!

I also graduated college and am currently applying for medical school, so you can probably see why I have put any new chapters out!

Happy reading and don't forget to vote!
XOXO