Chapter Twenty-Five- The Truth will set you free

Abby's Point of View

"Your mommy's tired boys," a rough voice jarred me awake.

I peered around the room to find Nick rocking our baby boys, grinning at them with love. My heart swelled at the sight. I had almost missed out on this moment all for silly, pathetic reasons.

"Their mama's awake," I smiled sleepily, stretching my arms up and yawning. Nick took the time to stare at my breasts which heaved with my stretching.

"Feeding time boys!" He boomed, his tongue licking his lips.

"For them," I grinned. "Not for you."

Nick grinned mischievously at me before looking me over as I got out of bed. The cold hit me hard and everything perked up. His eyes glazed over seeing this, and I rushed to get my bathrobe.

I traded spots with him and began feeding the babies. My boys were so handsome like their father. They also had his appetite.

"Angel, dad texted me and said to hurry. We're having a meeting in his office. Some things need to be discussed. Stay out of trouble angel," Nick smiled, kissing my forehead and the boys'. "I'll be back soon."

I watched him leave. Guilt set in, and I wanted to weep. I was such a terrible fiancé. I was keeping important, vital information from him.

It would change absolutely everything if he knew what I was hiding-what we all were hiding from our partners. But we had lives at stake now. Nothing was more important than keeping them alive.

"Abby!" Natalia pulled me from my guilty thoughts, barging into the room.

"Hey Nat," I greeted before viewing her distraught face. "What's wrong?"

"They know," she choked out.

I felt like all the air had been knocked out of me. Someone knew our secret. A secret that could get us all killed.

"How?" I managed to ask.

"I don't know," she sniffed. "There's got to be a mole. But only you, Christina, Gia and I know about it. So how the hell did the word spread?"

"We need to find out and contain this," I rushed. "I'll get Joanna to watch the babies and cover for us. She knows this life."

"Mom knows," Natalia whispered. I froze.

"What?" My tone was icy and arctic. Don't punch her Abby. Don't do it.

"She saw the text last night," Nat muttered, head hanging down. "She demanded the truth."

"And you just fucking told her?!" I shouted. Natalia jumped, scared from my outburst and my choice in words.

"I had no choice!" She whimpered. "She threatened to tell dad! I couldn't let that happen!"

"What did she say?" I demanded.

"She believed you girls were doing the right thing," Joanna's voice carried from the doorway.

"Mom," Natalia said sadly, "you don't have to."

"I do Natalia," Joanna smiled weakly. "I trust you all know what you are doing, the stakes that are raised against you. But I understand your need to protect. I'm not happy about it and what it'll do to my family, but I trust you. I'll keep my mouth shut."

"Thank you Joanna," I smiled at her with gratitude.

***************************************************