0.03 | FEAST

Heat washed over Bambi as she entered the great hall and thousands of candles danced across the ceiling

Heat washed over Bambi as she entered the great hall and thousands of candles danced across the ceiling. She had smiled at the familiar sight but felt speckled of water drop beside her. Stevie reached her, ringing out the water within her hair.

"I'm going to kill that bloody ghost!" She whined, within seconds of walking through the school corridors, the school's ghost prankster, Peeves was throwing water balloons over students. Lucky enough for Bambi and Frankie, Stevie took the hit for them.

Following the crowd, they dispersed to their assigned house tables when Bambi gave Stevie a questionable look, "How are you planning to kill a ghost?" Silence followed. Parting to the right of the hall, they watched as their fellow Hufflepuff housemates sat at the table. Finding their seats, Bambi admired the imitated night sky before a growl erupted next to her. Spooked, she turned to see Stevie sawing the table with the knife given to them. Following her gaze, she spotted Cho and Cedric continuing to suck one another's faces.

"Stevie." She ignored her, "Stevie. Stevie stop it, you're going to saw the table in half!" reluctantly dropping the knife, Frankie pushed it away. "And stop starring."

Stevie sighed, pinning her fist under her chin, "I need food and I need it now. Dumbledore better makes his speech quick time or Him and I have problems."

"Your gonna have to wait for the first-years sorting to be over," Frankie chimed in after finally placing his notepad in his bag.

Another low growl. "Fuck this." Dropping her head to the table with a thud.

With a sympathetic smile, Bambi cooed, "poor Stevie."

The hall clapped as the last first year was sorted into Gryffindor and Bambi was grateful for it to be finally over. Along with Stevie, she was starving and halfway through Bambi noticed the mysterious silence of the said girl. Looking over, she watched as the girl let out a snore, drooling onto her arm she rested on. Unsurprising, their clapping hadn't even stirred her. The whole ceremony consisted of Frankie and Bambi taking turns to balance utensils her head. Fellow Hufflepuff around them watched, smickering. Bambi had won 5-4.

Deciding to finally awake her, Bambi did the only thing that came to her head, because Merlin was it hard to wake Stevie.

Grabbing her water she waved it above Stevie's head, tipping it slightly so a small amount fell. A few drops fell before she shot up, eyes wide turning to them murderously. Now giving her the chance to yell, Bambi smiled, "Sorting's done."

That looked vanished and they could here Frankie scoff. As soon as Dumbledore announced the beginning of the feat, Stevie sat with her fork and knife clutched in her hands, yelling "Food time!"

Around them, people leaned away as Stevie lunged forwards grabbing whatever she could. It was an effort for anyone to fill their plates and once Bambi spotted her favourites she dived right in. Yet, Stevie had instantly reached for it also and her eyes widened as Bambi's hand retracted. Frankie who watched pulled his fork away from his mouth slowly.

Bambi's voice was low as she spoke, "I'm going to give you three second to let go of that mash potato." Instantly Stevie had let it go, dropping her hand over to the chicken when a sliver bald head popped out. Stevie had screamed, falling back over the bench and those who whiteness howled out. Quickly hauling her back up, Bambi cheeks hurt as she held in her laughter.

"Oh, I Am sorry Miss Ross." The Fat Friar squeaked, flying up over them and joining the other ghosts floating across the hall. Stevie had to bite her tongue to hold back an insult. In the end, the insult was sent to Frankie who couldn't stop laughing.

As usual, pudding had finished them off nicely to Dumbledore final speech. Buzzing of chattering lowered, leaving the outside storm to echo across the hall. Bambi couldn't help but zone out after his yearly announcements. Yet, as she continued past the usual, she focused back.

"It is also my painful duty to inform you that the inter-house Quidditch Cup will not take place this year." Whispered filled the room at this news, those who were Quidditch lovers stared at the man in shock. "This is due to an event that will be starting in October, and continuing throughout the school year, taking up much of the teachers' time and energy - but I am sure you will all enjoy it immensely. I have great pleasure in announcing that this year at Hogwarts -"

There was a deafening rumble of thunder and the door of the great hall banged opened. Bambi angled her head over the many who wished to find out what was happening. After her height failed her, she whatever it was had reached Dumbledore as wood pounded upon the wood. That was when she saw him. One of his eyes a small dark and beady and the other was large and round as a coin, electric blue. The blue eye was moving ceaselessly, without blinking, rolling around in a normal independent eye – then in rolled right over pointing to the back of the man head so all they could see was white.

He took his seat on the teacher table and Dumbledore continued, "May I introduce our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Professor Moody." No one clapped apart from Hagrid who stopped after realisation hit him. Dumbledore cleared his throat.

That was when the Triwizard Tournament was announced. Two schools: Beauxbatons and Durmstrang would be arriving at Hogwarts. Everyone listened as Dumbledore explained the dangerous aspect of the tournament which worried Bambi. The only thing that eased her worry that there was an age limit place which prohibited younger students entering, something which Stevie found disgusting.

"This is ageism!" She cried as they joined the crowd leaving the hall.

Frankie frowned his eyebrows, "Is that even a thing?"

She only threw her hands in the air, "It is now. How does Diggory get to enter? He doesn't need his ego-filled up any more than he already has."

Before they could round the corner, Bambi stopped dead in her tracks, "Did you not hear Dumbledore? People have died so be grateful you can't enter and Ced won't be either if I have anything to do with this."

"But-"

"No, buts Stevie"

"Fine." Bambi nodded in approvement, "But if Diggory happens to become a champion I'll kill him myself, he won't need to worry about the tournament then."

"Would you kill him because you'd be angry with him for entering or would you kill him because you were worried?" Bambi teased as they came in front of the barrels that held the entrance to the Hufflepuff common room. Tapping the barrel two from the bottom, middle of the second row in the rhythm of Helga Hufflepuff, the door swung opened. The three of them walked through the passageway and while some students lingered around the common room both Stevie and Bambi had been waiting for their four-posters beds.

When they walk into their dormitory for three years – now to be four, their other two dormmates were already unpacking: Susan Bones and Aurora Smith. Bambi greeted the two while Stevie flopped onto her bed which were covered in patchwork quilts and buried her head in the pillows.

"Oh, and Bambi," she mumbled, her voice muffled by the pillow before she raised her head, "to answer your earlier question: both."